Evolution of the nickel structure during deformation by shear under high pressure at 150°C
- 24 Downloads
Initial single-crystal nickel deformed by shear under pressure at the temperature of 150°C has been studied. It has been found that, under these conditions, dynamic recrystallization develops in nickel. As a result, after true strain in the range of 4 < е < 9, a heterogeneous structure that consist of recrystallized grains of different defectiveness and microcrystallites is formed. Calorimetric studies have shown that the stored energy varies nonmonotonically with increasing true strain, which is associated with the cyclic character of dynamic recrystallization. In the calorimetric dependence, several peaks of heat release have been revealed that are connected with the nonsimultaneous occurrence of static recrystallization upon heating in nickel with a heterogeneous structure formed upon dynamic recrystallization.
Keywordsnickel large plastic deformation dynamic recrystallization calorimetry stored energy of deformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. A. Smirnova, V. I. Levit, V. P. Pilyugin, R. I. Kuznetsov, and M. V. Degtyarev, “The low temperature recrystallization of nickel and copper,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 62, 140–144 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.M. L. Bernshtein, Structure of Deformed Metals (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1977) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Gorelik, S. V. Dobatkin, and L. M. Kaputkina, Recrystallization of Metals and Alloys (MISIS, Moscow, 2005) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Levit and M. A. Smirnov, High-Temperature Thermomechanical Treatment of Austenitic Steels and Alloys (ChGTU, Chelyabinsk, 1995) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 14.S. S. Gorelik, Recrystallization of Metals and Alloys (Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1978).Google Scholar
- 17.A. P. Zhilyaev, G. V. Nurislamova, S. Surinach, M. D. Baro, and T. G. Langdon, “Calorimetric measurements of grain growth in ultrafine-grained nickel,” Mater. Phys. Mech. 5, 23–30 (2002).Google Scholar
- 20.Recrystallization of Metallic Materials, Ed. by F. Khessner (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar
- 21.V. I. Levit, N. A. Smirnova, and L. S. Davydova, “Twinning and grain refinement upon dynamical recrystallization of nickel aalloys,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 68, 335–341(1989).Google Scholar
- 24.M. V. Degtyarev, T. I. Chashchukhina, and L. M. Voronova, “Hardness of iron and structural steels as functions of the parameters of ultradisperse structure,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 98, 533–544 (2004).Google Scholar