Effect of water intercalation on the structure and electrophysical properties of YBa2Cu3O6.9
- 33 Downloads
The influence of water vapors and plastic deformation on the structure and electrophysical properties of YBa2Cu3O6.9 (123) has been studied. It has been established that, at T = 200°C, the introduction of water into the structure of YBa2Cu3O6.9 leads to its transition into a defect tetragonal phase of the 124 type as a result of the formation of planar stacking faults. After annealing at T = 930°C, these defects are partially retained and are efficient centers of pinning in the magnetic fields applied perpendicularly to the c axis, which makes it possible to increase (by an order of magnitude) the critical current density in the high-textured ceramics at 77 K in the external magnetic field of 5–10 T. The plastic deformation of the hydrated ceramics favors the reverse transition of the arising 124 phase to the 123 phase at T = 930°C and is accompanied by a recrystallization of the material, which leads to the appearance of a texture and an increase the critical current density.
KeywordsHTSC heat treatment effect of water electrophysical properties structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.V. Selvamanchickam, Y. Yao, Y. Chen, T. Shi, Y. Liu, N. D. Khatri, J. Liu, C. Lei, E. Galstyan, and G. Majkic, “The low-temperature, high-magnetic-field critical current characteristics of Zr-added (Gd; Y)Ba2Cu3Ox superconducting tapes,” Supercond. Sci. Technol. 25, 125013 (2012).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.I. B. Bobylev, S. V. Sudareva, N. A. Zyuzeva, T. P. Krinitsina, A. V. Korolev, Yu. V. Blinova, and E. P. Romanov, “Effect of partial substitution of europium and neodymium for yttrium on the low-temperature spinodal decomposition of a 123 phase,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 98, 288–293 (2004).Google Scholar
- 12.N. A. Zyuzeva and I. B. Bobylev, “Peculiatities of microstructure of YBa2Cu3O7–δ heat-treated under different conditions,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 115, 358–364.Google Scholar
- 13.S. V. Sudareva, E. P. Romanov, T. P. Krinitsina, E. I. Kuznetsova, Yu. V. Blinova, I. B. Bobylev, N. A. Zyuzeva, and A. M. Burkhanov, “Fine structure and the mechanism of the low-temperature decomposition of the nonstochiometric compounds YBa2Cu3O6.8 and YBa2Cu3O6.8 doped with Ce,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 106, 364–373 (2008).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.I. B. Bobylev, E. I. Kuznetsova, N. A. Zyuzeva, T. P. Krinitsina, S. V. Sudareva, and E. P. Romanov, “Effect of the atmosphere of low-temperature annealing on the structure and electrophysical properties of nonstoichiometric YBa2Cu3O7–δ ceramics,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 110, 378–384 (2010).CrossRefGoogle Scholar