Precipitation-hardening stainless steels with a shape-memory effect
- 42 Downloads
The possibility of obtaining the shape-memory effect as a result of the γ → ε → γ transformations in aging stainless steels strengthened by VC carbides has been investigated. Regimes are given for strengthening aging (at 650 and 720°C) for stainless steels that predominantly contain (in wt %) 0.06–0.45C, 1–2V, 2–5Si, 9 and 13–14Cr. The values of reversible deformation e (amount of shape-memory effect) determined after heating to 400°C in samples preliminarily deformed to 3.5–4% vary from 0.15 to 2.7%, depending on the composition of the steels and regimes of stabilizing and destabilizing aging.
Keywordsshape-memory effect (SME) aging stainless steels vanadium carbide VC martensitic transformation ε phase electron microscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Sagaradze, Ye. V. Belozerov, N. L. Pecherkina, and M. L. Mukhin, “The shape memory effect in highstrength precipitation-hardening austenitic steels,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Martensitic Transformations, Shanghai, 2005.Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Sagaradze, V. I. Voronin, Yu. I. Filippov, V.A.Kazantsev, M. L. Mukhin, E. V. Belozerov, N. L. Pecherkina, N. V. Kataeva, and A. G. Popov, “Martensitic transformations e(a) and the shapememory effect in aging high-strength manganese austenitic steels,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 106, 630–640 (2008).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.K. Murakami, H. Otsuka, H. G. Suzuki, and S. Matsuda, “Complete shape memory effect in polycrystalline Fe-Mn–Si alloys,” in ICOMAT-86 (Nara, 1987), pp. 985–988.Google Scholar
- 12.K. A. Malyshev and M. Vasilevskaya, “Change of physical properties at annealing of martensite in iron–nickel alloys doped by titanium,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 18, 793–795 (1964).Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Sagaradze and A. I. Uvarov, Hardening and Properties of Austenite Steels (Red.-Izdat. Otd. Ural. Otdel. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ekaterinburg, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.R. R. Romanova, V. G. Pushin, A. N. Uksusnikov, and N. N. Buinov, “Structural mechanism of aging of iron–manganese and iron–nickel steels hardened by vanadium carbide,” in Structure and Properties of Non-Magnetic Steels (Nauka, Moscow, 1982), pp. 107–114 [in Russian].Google Scholar