Comparative study on the corrosion behavior of the cold rolled and hot rolled low-alloy steels containing copper and antimony in flue gas desulfurization environment
- 137 Downloads
The correlation between the corrosion and microstructual characteristics of cold rolled and hot rolled low-alloy steels containing copper and antimony was established. The corrosion behavior of the specimens used in flue gas desulfurization systems was examined by electrochemical and weight loss measurements in an aggressive solution of 16.9 vol % H2SO4 + 0.35 vol % HCl at 60°C, pH 0.3. It has been shown that the corrosion rate of hot rolled steel is lower than that of cold rolled steel. The corrosion rate of cold rolled steel was increased by grain refinement, inclusion formation, and preferred grain orientation.
Keywordscold rolled steel hot rolled steel corrosion inclusion grain refinement grain orientation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.A. Balakrishnan, B. C. Lee, T. N. Kim, and B. B. Panigrahi, “Corrosion behavior of ultra fine grained titanium in simulated body fluid for implant application,” Trends Biomater. Artif. Organs 22, 58–64 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Wranglen, “Review article on the influence of sulphide inclusions on the corrodibility or Fe and steel,” Corros. Sci. 9, 558–602 (1969).Google Scholar
- 22.S. A. Park, W. S. Ji, and J. G. Kim, “Effect of chromium on the corrosion behavior of low-alloy steels containing copper in FGD environment,” Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 8, 7498–7509 (2013).Google Scholar
- 24.ASTM G 1-90, Standard Practice for Preparing, Cleaning, and Evaluating Corrosion Test Specimens (Annual Book of ASTM Standards) (West Conshohocken, USA, 2002).Google Scholar
- 25.ASTM G 31-72, Standard Practice for Laboratory Immersion Corrosion Testing of Metals (Annual Book of ASTM Standards) (West Conshohocken, USA, 2002).Google Scholar
- 26.D. A. Jones, Principles and Prevention of Corrosion (Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1996).Google Scholar
- 31.C. D. Wagner, J. F. Moulder, L. E. Davis, and W. M. Riggs, Handbook of X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (Physical Electronics Division, Minnesota, 1979).Google Scholar
- 34.M. Pourbaix, Atlas of Electrochemical Equilibria in Aqueous Solution (Nation. Assoc. Corros. Eng., Houston, 1974).Google Scholar