Analysis of local regions near interfaces in nanostructured multicomponent (Ti-Zr-Hf-V-Nb)N coatings produced by the cathodic-arc-vapor-deposition from an arc of an evaporating cathode
- 110 Downloads
Multicomponent nanostructured (Ti-Zr-Hf-V-Nb)N coatings produced by the cathodic-arc-vapor-deposition method have been studied using several complementary methods of elemental and structural analysis, such as those based on the use of slow positron beam (SPB); proton microbeam (μ-PIXE); electron micro- and nanobeam (EDS and SEM analysis); and X-ray diffraction phase analysis (XRD), including the a-sin2ϕ method of measuring the stress-strain state (X-ray tensometry). The elemental composition, microstructure, residual stresses in nanograins, and in-depth and surface distributions of defects and atoms, as well as the phase composition, stress-strain state, and texture of the coatings have been studied in a 3D representation. It has been found that creating a state of elastic stress-strain compression in the coating can significantly enhance its resistance to oxidation upon annealing. A redistribution of elements and defects (their aligning and segregation) due to diffusion and termination of spinodal segregation has been revealed near interfaces, around grains and subgrains, which occurred without a significant change in the average size of nanograins.
Keywordsnanostructured coatings defects impurities segregation diffusion texture stresses
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. D. Pogrebnyak, V. M. Beresnev, A. A. Dem’yanenko, V. S. Baidak, F. F. Komarov, M. V. Kaverin, N. Makhmudov, and D. A. Kolesnikov, “Adhesive strength, superhardness, and the phase and elemental compositions of nanostructured coatings based on Ti-Hf-Si-N,” Phys. Solid State 54, 1882–1890 (2012).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.A. D. Pogrebnyak, O. V. Sobol’, V. M. Beresnev, P. V. Turbin, S. N. Dub, G. V. Kirik, and A. E. Dmitrenko, “Features of the structural state and mechanical properties of ZrN and Zr(Ti)-Si-N coatings obtained by ion-plasma deposition technique,” Tech. Phys. Lett. 35, 925–928 (2009).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.S. A. Firstov, V. F. Gorban’, N. A. Krapivka, and E. P. Pechkovskii, “Strengthening and mechanical properties of cast high-entropy alloys,” Kompoz. Nanostrukt. No. 2, 5–20 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.A. D. Pogrebnjak, V. V. Uglov, M. V. Il’yashenko, V. M. Beresnev, A. P. Shpak, M. V. Kaverin, N. K. Erdybaeva, Yu. A. Kunitskyi, Yu. N. Tyurin, O. V. Kolisnichenko, N. A. Makhmudov, and A. P. Shypylenko, “Nano-microcomposite and combined coatings on Ti-Si-NAA/C-Co-Cr/Steel and Ti-Si-N/(Cr3C2)75-(NiCr)25Base: Their structure and properties,” Ceram. Eng. Sci. Proc. 31(7), 115–126 (2010).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.O. V. Sobol’, A. A. Andreev, V. F. Gorban’, N. A. Krapivka, V. A. Stolbovoi, I. V. Serdyuk, and V. E. Fil’chikov, “Reproducibility of the single-phase structural state of the multielement high-entropy Ti-V-Zr-Nb-Hf system and related superhard nitrides formed by the vacuum-arc method, Tech. Phys. Lett. 38, 616–619 (2012).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.A. D. Pogrebnjak and V. M. Beresnev, Nanocoatings Nanosystems Nanotechnologies (Bentham e Books, 2012).Google Scholar
- 20.Chang, Hui-Wen, Huang, Ping-Kang, Yeh, Jien-Wei, A. Davison, Tsau, Chun-Huai, and Yang, Chih-Chao, “Influence of substrate bias, deposition temperature and post-deposition annealing on the structure and properties of multiprincipal component (AlCrMoSiTi)N coatings,” Surf. Coat. Technol. 202, 3360–3366 (2008).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.N. A. Azarenkov, O. V. Sobol’, A. D. Pogrebnyak, and V. M. Beresnev, Engineering of Vacuum-Plasma Coatings (Khark. Nat. Univ., Kharkov, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 29.V. I. Lavrent’ev, A. D. Pogrebnyak, and R. Shandrik, “Local surface segregations of implanted aluminum in weak-defected iron crystal,” Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 65, 86–89 (1997).Google Scholar
- 32.A. I. Gusev, Nanomaterials, Nanostructures, Nanotechnologies (FIZMATLIT, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 36.A. D. Pogrebnjak, O. V. Sobol, V. M. Beresnev, P. V. Turbin, G. V. Kirik, N. A. Makhmudov, M. V. Il’yashenko, A. P. Shypylenko, M. V. Kaverin, M. Yu. Tashmetov, A. V. Pshyk, “Phase Composition, Thermal Stability, Physical and Mechanical Properties of Superhard on Based Zr-Ti-Si-N Nanocomposite coatings,” Sci. Proc. Wiley 31(7), 127–138 (2010).Google Scholar