New Data on Ornithischian Dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic of Transbaikalia, Russia
Three species of ornithischian dinosaurs (Daurosaurus olovus, Kulindapteryx ukureica, and Kulindadromeus zabaikalicus) from the Jurassic Kulinda locality (Transbaikalia, Russia) have been described. Kulindadromeus zabaikalicus was established on erroneous assumption that the locality contains only one dinosaurian taxon. The characters used in the diagnosis of this species, which were registered by the holotype (imprint of bones of an incomplete distorted skull on the rock surface), cannot be treated unequivocally from the morphological point of view.
Keywords:Ornithopoda dinosaurs morphology systematics Jurassic Transbaikalia Russia
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 16-05-00408.
- 1.Alifanov, V.R., Kulinda, the first Russian locality of Late Jurassic dinosaurs, Priroda, 2012a, no. 3, pp. 53–54.Google Scholar
- 2.Alifanov, V.R., Order Ornithischia, in Iskopaemye pozvonochnye Rossii i sopredel’nykh stran. Iskopaemye reptilii i ptitsy. Chast’ 2 (Fossil Vertebrates of Russia and Adjacent Countries: Fossil Reptiles and Birds: Part 2) Kurochkin, E.N. and Lopatin, A.V., Eds., Moscow: GEOS, 2012b, pp. 241–309.Google Scholar
- 3.Alifanov, V.R., On the discovery of Late Jurassic dinosaurs in Transbaikalia, Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2014, vol. 455, no. 4, pp. 412–423.Google Scholar
- 4.Alifanov, V.R. and Saveliev, S.V., Jurassic inhabitants of Transbaikalia, Nat. Geogr. Ross., 2011, no. 11, p. 70.Google Scholar
- 5.Alifanov, V.R. and Saveliev, S.V., Two new ornithischian dinosaurs (Hypsilophodontia, Ornithopoda) from the Late Jurassic of Russia, Paleontol. Zh., 2014, no. 4, pp. 72–82.Google Scholar
- 6.Alifanov, V.R. and Saveliev S.V., The earliest ornithomimosaur (Theropoda, Dinosauria) with imprints of the integumentary cover from the Upper Jurassic of Russia, Paleontol. Zh., 2015, no. 6, pp. 71–85.Google Scholar
- 7.Alifanov, V.R. and Saveliev, S.V., Jurassic dinosaurs of Transbaikalia, Priroda, 2016a, no. 4, pp. 35–44.Google Scholar
- 8.Alifanov, V.R. and Saveliev, S.V., Jurassic dinosaurs of Transbaikalia, Priroda, 2016b, no. 5, pp. 39–48.Google Scholar
- 9.Alifanov, V.R., Saveliev, S.V., Tereshchenko, E.Yu., et al., Integument structure in ornithischian dinosaurs (Hypsilophodontia, Ornithopoda) from the Late Jurassic of Transbaikalia, Paleontol. Zh., 2014, no. 5, pp. 72–80.Google Scholar
- 10.Alifanov, V.R. and Sinitsa, S.M., “Park of the Jurassic period” in Transbaikalia, Nauka Ross., 2013, no. 1, pp. 16–20.Google Scholar
- 14.Saveliev, S.V. and Alifanov, V.R., A new type of skin derivatives in ornithischian dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic of Transbaikalia, Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2014, vol. 456, no. 2, pp. 251–253.Google Scholar
- 15.Saveliev, S.V. and Alifanov, V.R., Integumentary derivatives in Late Jurassic ornithischian dinosaurs from Transbaikalia and the problem of the origin to the feather, Vest. St. Peterb. Gos. Univ. Ser. 3. Biol., 2016, no. 3, pp. 130–134.Google Scholar