Lungfish (Dipnoi) Burrows from the Triassic of the Southern Cis-Urals
Burrows of lungfishes are found for the first time in the Lower and Middle Triassic deposits of the Southern Cis-Urals. A preliminary description of these burrows and comparison with burrows of freshwater crustaceans are provided. Newly obtained paleoichnological data expand our knowledge of Triassic continental communities and abiotic conditions in Eastern Europe.
Keywords:Dipnoi lungfish burrows continental aquatic communities Triassic Eastern Europe
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for basic Research (project nos. 17-04-00410, 16‑05-00711, and 17-54-10013) and by the State Russian Government Program for Competitive Growth of Kazan Federal University among World’s Leading Scientific and Education Centers.
- 3.Minikh, A.V. and Minikh, M.G., Dipnoan burrows as an indicator of physiographic conditions of sedimentation conditions in the Middle and Late Permian of southeastern European Russia, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Geol. Razved., 2011, no. 2, pp. 6–11.Google Scholar
- 4.Pashchenko. D.I. and Sennikov, A.G., First record of burrows of decapod crustaceans in the Permian deposits of Europe, in Razvedka i dobycha goryuchikh iskopaemykh, geologiya, geografiya, biologiya i ekologiya. Tezisy Dokladov VI mezhvuzovskoi konferentsii po itogam praktik [Elektronnyi resurs] (VI Interuniversity Conference Based on Practice Devoted to Investigation and Extraction of Combustible Minerals, Geology, Geography, Biology, and Ecology: Electronic Resource), Moscow: Pero, 2014, pp. 224–225.Google Scholar
- 5.Sennikov, A.G., Karasev, E.V., and Pashchenko, D.I., New data on fossil plants and ichnofossils from the Permian of the Southern Cis-Urals, in Paleostrat-2015. Godichnoe sobranie (nauchnaya konferentstya) sektsii paleontologii MOIP i Moskovskogo otdeleniya Paleontologicheskogo obsjcjestva pri RAN (Moskva, 26–28 yanvarya 2015 g.). Tezisy dokladov (Paleostrat-2015: Annual Meeting (Scientific Conference) of the Paleontological Section of the Moscow Society of Nature Explorers and the Paleontological Society at the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, January 26–28, 2015: Theses of Reports), Alekseev, A.S., Ed., Moscow: Paleontol. Inst. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2015, p. 65.Google Scholar
- 6.Sennikov, A.G. and Novikov, I.V., On the finds of Rhytidosteidae (Amphibia, Temnospondyli) in the Lower Triassic of Eastern Europe and probable feeding adaptations of representatives of this family, in Paleostrat-2012. Programma i tezisy dokladov (Paleostrat-2012: Program and Theses of Reports), Moscow: Paleontol. Inst. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2012, pp. 60–61.Google Scholar
- 7.Shishkin, M.A., Ochev, V.G., Tverdokhlebov, V.P., et al., Biostratigrafiya kontinental’nogo triasa Yuzhnogo Priural’ya (Biostratigraphy of a Continental Triassic of the Southern Cis-Urals), Moscow: Nauka, 1995.Google Scholar