Studying the Optical Properties of Hexogen–Aluminum Composites
- 17 Downloads
Using the photometric sphere, optical characteristics of compressed hexogen tablets (with a density of 1.78 g/cm3) containing aluminum nanoparticles (with a mean diameter of 100 nm) have been studied. A stationary radiation source with a wavelength of 532 nm was used. Coefficients of transmission, diffuse reflection, and absorption of samples have been measured as functions of the mass concentration of aluminum nanoparticles (within the range from 0 to 0.2%). The experimental dependences have been modeled based on solving the equation of monochromatic radiation transfer. The observed dependences of optical properties of the samples under study are satisfactorily described when taking into account the oxide shell on the nanoparticle surface.
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 18-03-00421 A, fundamental scientific research (GP 14) on the subject (project) “V.49.1.5. Studying Mechanisms of Transformation of Electron-Beam and Laser Radiation Energy in High-Energy Materials and Coals for Creating Materials for Special-Purpose Components and Devices,” registry number AAAA-A17-117041910150-2), and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (task no. 3.5363.2017/8.9).
- 1.M. A. Ilyushin, G. G. Savenkov, and A. S. Mazur, Industrial Explosions, The School-Book (Lan’, St. Petersburg, 2017) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.Explosives, Ed. by L. V. Fomicheva (RFYaTs-VNIIEF, Sarov, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.P. M. Tikhodeev, Light Measurements (Photometry) (Moscow, Leningrad, 1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.C. M. Gardner, S. L. Jacques, and A. J. Welch, Lasers Surg. Med. 18, 129 (1996). doi 10.1002/(SICI)1096-9101(1996)18:2<129::AID-LSM2>3Google Scholar
- 22.V. P. Budak and S. V. Korkin, J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf. 109, 1347 (2008). doi 10.1016/j.jqsrt.2008Google Scholar
- 28.E. D. Palik, Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids (Academic, San Diego, 1985), Vol. 1, p. 405.Google Scholar