Inorganic phosphors in lead–silicate glass for white LEDs
- 30 Downloads
Luminescent composites of the “phosphor-in-glass” type, based on a highly reflective lead–silicate matrix and fine-grained powders of YAG:Ce3+ and SiAlON:Eu2+ crystals, are developed and synthesized. Phosphor and glass powders are sintered at a temperature of 550°C to obtain phosphor samples for white LEDs. The composites are analyzed by X-ray diffraction and luminescence spectroscopy. The dependence of the light quantum yield on the SiAlON:Eu2+ content in the samples is investigated. A breadboard of a white LED is designed using a phosphor-in-glass composite based on lead–silicate glass with a low glasstransition temperature. The total emission spectra of a blue LED and glass-based composites are measured. The possibility of generating warm white light by choosing an appropriate composition is demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Natural and Artificial Lighting, SNIP 23-05-95 (Minstroi Rossii, Moscow, 1995) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.http://www.shinetsusilicones.com.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Tanabe, S. Fujita, A. Sakamoto, and S. Yamamoto, Ceram. Trans. 173, 19 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.C. C. Tsai, C. H. Chung, J. Wang, W. C. Cheng, M. H. Chen, J. S. Liou, J. K. Chang, Y. C. Hsu, S. C. Huang, C. W. Lee, H. L. Hu, S. B. Huang, J. H. Kuang, and W. H. Cheng, in Proceedings of the 60th Electronic Components and Technology Conference ECTC, Las Vegas, NV, USA, June 1–4, 2010, p. 700.Google Scholar
- 10.C. C. Tsai, J. S. Liou, W. C. Cheng, C. H. Chung, M. H. Chen, J. Wang, and W. H. Cheng, in Proceedings of the 61st Electronic Components and Technology Conference ECTC, Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA, May–June, 2011, p. 1626.Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Aseev, Yu. V. Tuzova, A. Yu. Bibik, E. V. Kolobkova, Ya. A. Nekrasova, N. V. Nikonorov, M. A. Shvaleva, A. E. Romanov, and V. E. Bugrov, Fiz. Mekh. Mater. 21, 242 (2014).Google Scholar
- 15.V. A. Aseev, A. Yu. Bibik, E. V. Kolobkova, Ya. A. Nekrasova, N. V. Nikonorov, A. E. Romanov, Yu. V. Tuzova, and M. A. Shvaleva, Nauch.-Tekh. Vestn. Inform. Tekhnol., Mekh. Opt., No. 5 (93), 64 (2014).Google Scholar