Monte Carlo simulation of aorta autofluorescence
- 26 Downloads
Results of numerical simulation of autofluorescence of the aorta by the method of Monte Carlo are reported. Two states of the aorta, normal and with atherosclerotic lesions, are studied. A model of the studied tissue is developed on the basis of information about optical, morphological, and physico-chemical properties. It is shown that the data obtained by numerical Monte Carlo simulation are in good agreement with experimental results indicating adequacy of the developed model of the aorta autofluorescence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Yu. Popov, V. V. Salmin, and V. B. Salmina, Vestn. KrasGU, Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauki, No. 4, 89 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Aleksandrov, Laser Clinical Biophotometry (Theory, Experiment, Practice) (Tekhnosfera, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.V. V. Tuchin, Optical Biomedical Diagnostics, SPIE Monographs, Vol. 107 (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2007; SPIE, 2002).Google Scholar
- 16.G. Palumbo and R. Pratesi, Lasers and Current Optical Techniques in Biology (Royal Soc. Chem., Cambridge, 2004).Google Scholar
- 19.A. E. Pushkareva, Mathematical Modeling Methods in Optics of Biological Tissue (SPBGU ITMO, St. Petersburg, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar