On the applicability of the one-dimensional model of diffusion ionization to the three-dimensional Rydberg hydrogen atom in a microwave field
The temporal dynamics of the three-dimensional hydrogen atom under the action of an external electric field is studied by using an analytic model and a numerical simulation. In the stationary case, analytic expressions for determining the evolution of angular momentum L of the Rydberg electron (RE) are obtained and significant oscillations of L are noted. Under conditions of the dynamical chaos regime stimulated by a linearly polarized microwave field, additional specific features of the evolution of L are found with the help of unification of the equations of motion and numerical calculations. The role of L in the formation of diffusion ionization of the RE is revealed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. L. Belov and V. P. Krainov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 92, 456 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Roshchupkin and V. P. Krainov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 114, 37 (1998).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Yu. Zakharov, N. N. Bezuglov, A. N. Klyucharev, et al., Khim. Fiz. 30, 2 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Mechanics (Pergamon Press, New York, 1969).Google Scholar
- 18.M. Alaburda, V. Gontis, and B. Kaulakys, Interaction and Chaotic Dynamics of the Classical Hydrogen Atom in an Electromagnetic Field // arXiv:, 1001.0689v1[nlin.CD].Google Scholar
- 19.E. Hairer, Numerical Geometric Integration (Universite de Geneve, Geneve, 1999).Google Scholar
- 22.S. -I. Chua and D. A. Telnov, Phys. Rev. 390, 1.Google Scholar
- 23.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Quantum Mechanics: Non-relativistic Theory (Pergamon Press, New York, 1977).Google Scholar
- 25.N. B. Delone and V. P. Krainov, Nonlinear Ionization of Atoms by Laser Radiation (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 26.G. V. Golubkov and A. Z. Devdariani, Khim. Fiz. No. 11, 31 (2011).Google Scholar