Nonradiative triplet-singlet transfer of electronic excitation energy between dye molecules in the vicinity of the silver-film surface
- 60 Downloads
Nonradiative triplet-singlet transfer of electronic-excitation energy between molecules of organic dyes (erythrosine and methylene blue) in a polymer film that is deposited on the surface of a silver layer is experimentally studied. It is demonstrated that the energy-transfer efficiency in such a system is lower than the efficiency in the samples without metal layers. The results of the proposed mathematical model are in qualitative agreement with the experimental data.
KeywordsMethylene Blue Silver Film Acceptor Molecule Erythrosine Electronic Excitation Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Ermolaev, E. N. Bodunov, E. B. Sveshnikova, and T. A. Shakhverdov, Nonradiative Electronic Excitation Energy Transfer (Nauka, Leningrad, 1977).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Anisimov, K. Ya. Burshtein, O. N. Karpukhin, and M. A. Kozhushner, Opt. Spektrosk. 32(6), 1111 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. A. Skryshevskii, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 52(6), 1227 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.D. A. Kislov and M. G. Kucherenko, in Abstracts of the All-Russia Conference “Photonics of Organic and Hybrid Nanostructures” (IPKhF RAN, Chernogolovka, 2011), p. 77.Google Scholar
- 5.S. McGlynn, T. Adzumi, and M. Kinosita, Molecular Spectroscopy of Triplet State (Prentice-Hall, New York, 1969; Mir, Moscow, 1972).Google Scholar
- 7.M. G. Kucherenko, S. V. Izmodenova, and T. M. Chmereva, Vestnik OGU, No. 1, 112 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.M. G. Kucherenko, T. M. Chmereva, and D. A. Kislov, Vestnik OGU, No. 1, 170 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.M. G. Kucherenko, Kinetics of Molecular Photoprocesses: Statement and Solution of Problems (OGU, Orenburg, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.M. G. Kucherenko, D. A. Kislov, and T. M. Chmereva, Rossiiskie Nanotekhnologii 7(1–2), 71 (2012).Google Scholar