The parametric doppler effect upon oblique radiation incidence in quartz glass
Frequency and reflection angle of probe radiation from a refractive-index inhomogeneity induced by an intense pumping pulse in quartz glass and moving with a relativistic velocity are calculated. Conditions under which the normal component of the wave vector of the reflected wave is directed to the opposite or to the same direction as the same component for the incident wave are determined. Comparison with the case of radiation reflection from a relativistic mirror in vacuum is performed. Conditions of the appearance of the Vavilov-Cherenkov radiation from a relativistic refractive-index inhomogeneity induced in the medium by an intense laser pulse are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Mikhel’son, Zh. Russk. Fiz.-Khim. Ob-Va. Chast’ Fizich. 31(7), 119 (1899).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Einshtein, Collection of Scientific Publications (Nauka, Moscow, 1965), Vol. 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Rosanov, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 95(12), 689 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Rosanov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 142(6), 1101 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Rosanov, Opt. Spektrosk. 116(1), 140 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.N. N. Rosanov, N. V. Vysotina, and A. N. Shatsev, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 93(6), 341 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.G. A. Askar’yan, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 42(5), 1360 (1962).Google Scholar