Nonlinear absorption of light pulses under conditions of two-photon resonance in bulk crystals and nanostructures in the femtosecond pump-probe spectroscopy mode
- 77 Downloads
A theory of nonlinear absorption of femtosecond light pulses by bulk crystals and nanostructures of different dimensions in the pump-probe spectroscopy mode has been developed. Expressions for the energy absorbed from the probe pulse under conditions of two-photon resonances are derived for transitions between the discrete or band electronic states and between the size-quantization subband states in quantum wells and quantum wires. The dependences of the energy absorbed from the probe pulse on the two-photon resonance detuning and on the time delay between the pulses are analyzed. The dependence of the power absorbed from the probe pulse on the time is also obtained.
KeywordsLight Pulse Probe Pulse Bulk Crystal Quantum Wire Photon Resonance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Kozlov and V. V. Samartsev, Optics of Femtosecond Lasers (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.E. Yu. Perlin, K. A. Eliseev, E. G. Idrisov, and Ya. T. Khalilov, Opt. Zh. 78, 3 (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Yu. Perlin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 105(1), 186 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.R. L. Shoemaker, Laser and Coherence Spectroscopy, Ed. by I. I. Steinfeld (Plenum, New York, 1978).Google Scholar
- 6.Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Ed. by M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, 2nd ed. (Dover, New York, 1971; Nauka, Moscow, 1979).Google Scholar