Visualization of type II fiber Bragg gratings induced in a birefringent fiber with an elliptical stress cladding
- 94 Downloads
Experimental results on visualization of type II fiber Bragg gratings induced in a birefringent fiber with an elliptical stress cladding are presented. The gratings are recorded by a single pulse of an excimer KrF-laser by means of the phase-mask method. Images of the gratings are obtained in a bright field using contrasting techniques such as differential interference contrast and dark field. It is shown that single-pulse recording forms several type II Bragg gratings in the optical fiber. The spatial profile of these gratings corresponds to the phase mask period. Microcracks due to which type II gratings are induced are localized both on the boundaries between the fiber core and claddings surrounding it and at some distance from them.
KeywordsBright Field Fiber Bragg Grating Dark Field Halogen Lamp Differential Interfer Ence Contrast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.N. M. Dragomir, G. Baxter, S. F. Collins, P. M. Farrell, A. J. Stevenson, D. D. Garchev, and A. Roberts, Trends in Optics and Photonics 70 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Kouskousis, N. M. Dragomir, C. M. Rollinson, S. A. Wade, D. J. Kitcher, S. F. Collins, A. Roberts, and G. W. Baxter, in ACOFT/AOS-Proc, 2006, pp. 81–83.Google Scholar
- 7.M. F. Koldunov, A. A. Manenkov, and I. L. Pokotilo, Kvantovaya Elektron. 24(10), 944 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.M. F. Koldunov, A. A. Manenkov, and I. L. Pokotilo, Kvantovaya Elektron. 25(3), 277 (1998).Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Kukushkin, A. V. Osipov, and M. G. Shlyagin, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 76(8), 73 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.M. A. Eron’yan, A. V. Komarov, Yu. N. Kondrat’ev, E. I. Romashova, M. M. Serkov, and A. V. Khokhlov, Opt. Zh. 67(10), 104 (2000).Google Scholar
- 12.S. V. Bureev, K. V. Dukel’skii, M. A. Eron’yan, P. A. Zlobin, A. V. Komarov, L. G. Levit, V. I. Strakhov, and A. V. Khokhlov, Opt. Zh. 74(4), 85 (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.S. V. Varzhel’, A. V. Kulikov, V. A. Aseev, V. S. Brunov, V. G. Kal’ko, and V. A. Arteev, Nauchno-Tekhn. Vestn. SPbGU ITMO 75(5), 27 (2011).Google Scholar