Optical characteristics of cadmium sulfide nanoparticles synthesized in polyethylene matrix and ortho-xylene solution
- 95 Downloads
The properties of CdS nanoparticles synthesized in a polyethylene matrix and an ortho-xylene solution are compared. It is shown that these nanoparticles have different shapes, structures, and degrees of imperfection. Due to these differences, unaggregated nanoparticles in solution exhibit luminescence in contrast to nanoparticles in polyethylene. The stabilization of nanoparticles in polyethylene most probably occurs via OH groups, while nanoparticles in solution are stabilized due to partial interaction with dissolved sulfur. The absorption and luminescence spectra of samples with polyethylene are strongly distorted by reabsorption and scattering, while this effect in solution is absent due to a small concentration of nanoparticles.
KeywordsLuminescence Spectrum Cadmium Sulfide Nanoparti Cles Nanopar Ticles Sulfur Vacancy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Oleĭnikov, A. V. Sukhanova, and I. R. Nabiev, Ross. Nanotekhnol. 2(1–2), 160 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. P. Meshalkin and N. P. Bgatova, Zh. Sib. Fed. Univ. Biol. 3, 248 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Nikandrov, Usp. Biol. Khim. 40, 357 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.M. N. Zhuravleva, V. I. Kochubeĭ, K. V. Zapsis, I. D. Kosobudskiĭ, and K. Yu. Ponomareva, Vestn. Severo-Kavkazsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., No. 1, 5 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Yu. Ponomareva, I. D. Kosobudskiĭ, G. Yu. Yurkov, and V. I. Kochubeĭ, Vestn. Saratov. Gos. Tekh. Univ. 1(2), 60 (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.N. M. Ushakov, I. D. Kosobudskiĭ, G. Yu. Yurkov, S. P. Gubin, K. V. Zapsis, V. I. Kochubeĭ, and A. N. Ul’zutuev, Radiotekhnika, No. 10, 105 (2005).Google Scholar
- 12.V. P. Babenko, G. N. Odegova, D. I. Kochubeĭ, and V. I. Kochubey, in Abstracts of the VI All-Russia Conference on Chemistry of Polynuclear Cluster Compounds (Kazan, 2009), p. 27.Google Scholar
- 18.V. D. Pokhodenko, S. Ya. Kuchmiĭ, A. V. Korzhak, and A. I. Kryukov, Teor. Éksp. Khim. 32(2), 102 (1996).Google Scholar
- 19.V. I. Kochubey, Ju. G. Konyukhova, and I. V. Zabenkov, in Book of Abstracts of the International Conference “Organic Nanophotonics” (St. Petersburg, 2009), p. 188.Google Scholar
- 21.R. M. Akhmetkhanov, R. G. Kadyrov, and K. S. Minsker, Khim. Prom. No. 12, 1 (2002).Google Scholar