Features of fluorescence of CdSe/ZnS semiconductor quantum rods in multicomponent solutions with pentylcyanobiphenyl
- 59 Downloads
The fluorescence of CdSe/ZnS semiconductor quantum rods (QRs) in the CdSe/ZnS-hexane pentylcyanobiphenyl and CdSe/ZnS-methyl methacrylate pentylcyanobiphenyl multicomponent systems has been investigated. It is shown that the presence of pentylcyanobiphenyl affects differently the QR fluorescence in each composite. The QR fluorescence in hexane solutions is efficiently quenched in the presence of pentylcyanobiphenyl, whereas in the composites based on methyl-methacrylate the QR fluorescence is enhanced as a result of the introduction of pentylcyanobiphenyl in the mesomorphic state. This difference is explained by the different forms of pentylcyanobiphenyl in these systems. The composites based on structured porous polyethylene films containing QRs in a mesomorphic medium have been obtained for the first time. The measured degree of polarization of the QR fluorescence characterizes the composite as strongly ordered.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.. V. V. Danilov, G. V. Klimusheva, L. I. Zagainova, and A. I. Khrebtov, Khim. Fiz. 8, 214 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.G. M. Zharkova and A. S. Sonin, Liquid Crystal Composites (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1994) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.P. S. Drzaic, Liquid Crystal Dispersions (World Sci., Singapore, 1995).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Mataga and T. Kubota, Molecular Interaction and Electronic Spectra (Dekker, New York, 1970), p. 411.Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Danilov, Khim. Fiz. 1(2), 168 (1983).Google Scholar