Prebreakdown excitation of crystals at double multiphoton resonance: II. Analysis of the effects of transformation of electronic band spectrum
The probabilities of multiphoton transitions between the valence and conduction bands at two-photon resonance on the adjacent transition between two conduction bands are calculated within the three-band model of a crystal. It is shown that, due to the effects of transformation of electronic band spectrum in the field of a strong light wave, the dependence of the multiphoton generation rate of electron-hole pairs on the light intensity j contains ranges where a small change in j leads to an increase in the generation rate of electron-hole pairs by several orders of magnitude, which may increase the number of nonequilibrium carriers to the level sufficient for initiating destruction of the material.
PACS numbers42.50.Hz 42.65.Re
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Ivanov and E. Yu. Perlin, Opt. Spektrosk. 106(5), 756 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Bassani and G. Pastori Parravicini, Electronic States and Optical Transitions in Solids (Pergamon, Oxford, 1975; Nauka, Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Yu. Perlin and A. V. Fedorov, Opt. Spektrosk. 78, 445 (1995) [Opt. Spectrosc. 78, 400 (1995)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Galitskiĭ, S. P. Goreslavskiĭ, and V. F. Elesin, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 57(7), 207 (1969) [Sov. Phys. JETP 30, 117 (1969)].Google Scholar
- 5.E. Yu. Perlin and V. A. Kovarskiĭ, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad) 12(11), 3105 (1970) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 12, 2512 (1970)].Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Galitskiĭ and V. F. Elesin, Resonant Interaction of Electromagnetic Fields with Semiconductors (Énergoatomizdat, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.E. Yu. Perlin, A. V. Ivanov, and R. S. Levitskiĭ, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 128, 411 (2005) [JETP 101, 357 (2005)].Google Scholar