Spectral properties of Nd3+ ions in samples of transparent Y2O3 ceramics
- First Online:
- 55 Downloads
The spectral and luminescent characteristics of samples of Y2O3:Nd3+ ceramics obtained from different precursors under different preparation conditions (the concentration of an HfO2 compacting additive, the temperature and time of synthesis) are studied at 300 and 77 K. It is shown that the spectral positions of absorption and luminescence lines of ceramics correspond to those of a Y2O3:Nd3+ single crystal. At the same time, the absorption and luminescence spectra show an inhomogeneous broadening, characteristic of disordered crystals and glass. The energies of the 4I9/2 and 4F3/2 Stark states of the Nd3+ ion are calculated. The calculation results nearly coincide with the data from the literature for the Y2O3:Nd3+ single crystal and transparent ceramics. Samples containing the compacting additive show additional lines, whose intensities correlate with its concentration and the method of preparation of Y2O3:Nd3+ ultradispersed powders. It is assumed that these lines are related to the fact that either Nd3+ ions enter the composition of the HfO2 compacting additive or Hf4+ ions are present in the nearest environment of Nd3+ ions at the boundaries of granules enriched with HfO2.
PACS numbers78.40.-q 78.55.-m
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. Uslamina and E. V. Zharikov, Perspektivnye Materialy, No. 5, 32 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Lukin, Ogneupory Tekhnicheskaya Keramika, No. 9, 3 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Belyakov, E. V. Zharikov, and A. A. Malygin, Chemical Fundamentals of Nanotechnology of Solid-Phase Materials for Various Purposes (SPb. Gos. Tekhnol. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Uslamina and E. V. Zharikov, Tekhn. Tekhnol. Silikatov 14(3), 7 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Kaminskiĭ, Laser Crystals (Nauka, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar