Broadening and shift of lines of the ν2 + ν3 band of water vapor induced by helium pressure
- 51 Downloads
The broadening and shift coefficients of more than 100 absorption lines of the ν2 + ν3 band of water vapor that are induced by the pressure of helium are measured and calculated. The broadening and shift coefficients are obtained from analysis of the room-temperature absorption spectra of an H2O-He mixture measured with a resolution of 0.007 cm−1 on a Fourier spectrometer in a large range of helium pressures. The specific features in the rotational dependence of the line center shifts are determined, which, in contrast to the broadening induced by other gases, are mainly positive. The calculated coefficients of the line broadening and shift of line centers are determined by a semiclassical method. An unusual dependence of the shift coefficients is explained by the rotational dependence of the intermolecular isotropic interaction potential.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.N. N. Lavrent’eva and A. M. Solodov, Opt. Atmos. Okeana 12(12), 1124 (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Starikov and N. N. Lavrent’eva, Collisional Broadening of Spectral Lines of Molecules of Atmospheric Gases (IOA SB RAN, Tomsk, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.N. N. Lavrent’eva and A. M. Solodov, Proc. SPIE-Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 93, 3583 (1998).Google Scholar
- 15.D. Robert and J. Bonamy, J. Phys. (Paris) 40(4), 923 (1979).Google Scholar
- 16.V. I. Starikov and N. N. Lavrent’eva, Opt. Atmos. Okeana 20(9), 780 (2007).Google Scholar
- 20.A. D. Bykov, L. N. Sinitsa, and V. I. Starikov, Experimental and Theoretical Methods in Spectroscopy of Water Vapor Molecule (Ross. Akad. Nauk, Novosibirsk, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar