Characterization of unwanted noise in realistic cavities
- 29 Downloads
The problem of the description of absorption and scattering losses in high-Q cavities is studied. The considerations are based on quantum noise theories, hence the unwanted noise associated with scattering and absorption is taken into account by introduction of additional damping and noise terms in the quantum Langevin equations and input-output relations. Completeness conditions for the description of the cavity models obtained in this way are studied and corresponding replacement schemes are discussed.
PACS numbers42.50.Lc 42.50.Nn 42.50.Pq
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics, Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, Supl. 2, Ed. by P. Berman (Academic, New York, 1994).Google Scholar
- 2.C. J. Hood, H. J. Kimble, and J. Ye, Phys. Rev. A 64, 033804 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Khanbekyan, L. Knöll, A. A. Semenov, et al., Phys. Rev. A 69, 043807 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Lange and H. J. Kimble, Phys. Rev. A 61, 063817 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.S. M. Dutra and G. Nienhuis, Phys. Rev. A 62, 063805 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.C. Viviescas, and G. Hackenbroich, Phys. Rev. A 67, 013805 (2003); J. Opt. B 60, 211 (2004).Google Scholar