Many-electron character of Rydberg series converging to the ionization thresholds of the 4p 45s states of KrII
- 24 Downloads
The photoionization cross sections of the 4p shell and the 4s main level and 4p 4(3 P) 5s 4 P 5/2, 3/2 satellite subvalence levels of KrII have been calculated in the 4s-near-threshold range of excitation energies from 28.48 to 28.70 eV. The calculation takes into account the core relaxation by the methods of the theory of non-orthogonal orbitals, the interaction between resonant states through autoionization channels by solving the complex secular equation, and the interaction between the channels of the continuous spectrum in all orders of the perturbation theory by the K-matrix method. Good quantitative agreement between the energy-integrated theoretical and experimental photoionization cross sections for the satellite levels has been obtained for the first time. It is shown that only simultaneous consideration of the above-mentioned effects leads to such agreement. The resonant structure of the photoionization cross sections in this excitation energy range is related to the autoionization decay of the 4p 45s(4 P 1/2)np and 4p 45s(2 P 3/2)np Rydberg series. The specificity of this process is that both series manifest themselves not independently but owing to their strong electrostatic interaction with the prominent 4p 4(1 D)5s 2 D 5/2 6p 3/2 resonance, which lies in this excitation energy range.
PACS numbers03.65.-w 32.80.Rm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.B. M. Lagutin, V. L. Sukhorukov, I. D. Petrov, et al., J. Phys. B 33, 2467 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.B. M. Lagutin, F. V. Demekhin, I. D. Petrov, et al., Zh. Strukt. Khim. 39, 992 (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Ya. Amus’ya, The Photoelectric Effect in Atoms (Nauka, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 11.A. R. Striganov and N. S. Sventitskiĭ, Tables of Spectral Lines of Neutral and Ionized Atoms (New York, Plenum, 1968).Google Scholar
- 19.A. P. Yutsis and A. Yu. Savukinas, Mathematical Foundations of the Atomic Theory (Mintis, Vilnius, 1973).Google Scholar
- 20.A. F. Starace, Theory of Atomic Photoionization, Handbuch der Physik (Springer, Berlin, 1982), Vol. 31, p. 1.Google Scholar