Rabies Virus Glycoprotein with a Consensus Amino Acid Sequence and a Lysosome Targeting Signal Causes Effective Production of Antibodies in DNA-Immunized Mice
- 16 Downloads
Safe and effective anti-rabies vaccines are intensely sought worldwide. DNA vaccines have already shown their efficacy and safety and have occupied a special place in the field. Two prototype anti-rabies DNA vaccines were compared for the potential to induce virus-specific antibody production. One vector contained a codon-optimized gene with a territory-adapted consensus sequence of the rabies virus glycoprotein. The other one expressed the same glycoprotein in fusion with a c-CD63 lysosome targeting motif at the C terminus. ELISA of serum samples from immunized mice showed that the c-CD63 variant induced more efficient antibody production and shifted the IgG2a/IgG1 ratio towards the Th2-type immune response. The results gave grounds to believe that the approach successfully applied to the rabies glycoprotein may help to develop new-generation anti-rabies vaccines.
Keywordsrabies virus glycoprotein DNA vaccine CD63 lysosome
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kaur M., Garg R., Singh S., et al. 2015. Rabies vaccines: Where do we stand, where are we heading? Expert Rev. Vaccines. 14, 369–381.Google Scholar
- 3.Tuchkov I.V., Nikiforov A.K. 2010. DNA immunization against rabies. Probl. Osobo Opasnykh Infekts. 104, 74–78.Google Scholar
- 11.Feyssaguet M., Dacheux L., Audry L., et al. 2007. Multicenter comparative study of a new ELISA, PLATELIA RABIES II, for the detection and titration of antirabies glycoprotein antibodies and comparison with the rapid fluorescent focus inhibition test (RFFIT) on human samples from vaccinated and non-vaccinated people. Vaccine. 25, 2244–2251.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 14.Grabko V.I. 1991. RF Patent 2008355, December 18, 1991.Google Scholar
- 15.Kuzmenko Y.V., Tyutyaeva V.V., Andreev I.V., Sankov M.N., Starodubova E.S., Preobrazhenskaya O.V., Martynov A.I., Karpov V.L. 2013. Selection and immunological properties of allergen BetV2 drooping birch pollen with immunoregulatory signals. Immunologiya. 34, 213–217.Google Scholar
- 16.Mironov A.N., Bunatyan N.D., et al. 2012. Rukovodstvo po provedeniyu doklinicheskikh ispytanii lekarstvennykh sredstv (Guidelines for Conducting Preclinical Trials of Drugs). Moscow: Grif i K.Google Scholar
- 19.Anwar A., Chandrasekaran A., Ng M.L., Marques E., August J.T. 2005. West Nile premembrane-envelope genetic vaccine encoded as a chimera containing the transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains of a lysosome-associated membrane protein: Increased cellular concentration of the transgene product, targeting to the MHC II compartment, and enhanced neutralizing antibody response. Virology. 332, 66–77.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar