Crystal structure of 4-hydroxy-6-methyl-3-[(1E)-1-(2-phenylhydrazinylidene)ethyl]-2H-pyran-2-one
- 42 Downloads
A Schiff base, 4-hydroxy-6-methyl-3-[(1E)-1-(2-phenylhydrazinylidene)ethyl]-2H-pyran-2-one, is synthesized and characterized by 1H and 13C NMR, IR spectroscopy, ESI-mass spectrometry and single crystal X-ray diffraction analysis. There are three crystallographically independent molecules in the asymmetric unit, space group C2/c, a = 30.011(2) Å, b = 17.601(2) Å, c = 13.6878(13) Å, β = 92.532(4)°, and Z = 24. The final reliable index is 0.0406 for 5997 reflections. The molecules are linked through intermolecular N–H…O hydrogen bonds into three-linked molecules forming a supramolecular ring.
Keywordssingle X-ray crystal structure Schiff base ESI-mass spectrometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Gupta, R. Pal, and V. Beniwal, World J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci., 4, 990 (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Prakash, A. Kumar, S. P. Singh, R. Aggarwal, and O. Prakash, Indian J. Chem., Sect. B, 46, 1713 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.J. D. Edwards, J. E. Page, and M. Pianka, J. Chem. Soc. (Resumed), 5200 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Raman, S. Thalamuthu, J. D. Raja, M. A. Neelakandan, and S. Banerjee, J. Chil. Chem. Soc., 53, 1439 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.P. E. Hansen, Isotope Effects in Chemistry and Biology, A. Kohen and H. H. Limbach (eds.), CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton (2006), p. 253.Google Scholar
- 10.Bruker AXS. APEX-2, Bruker Nonius AXS, Madison, Wisconsin, USA (2008).Google Scholar
- 11.G. M. Sheldrick, Acta Crystallogr., A71, 3–8 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELX-97. Programs for the Solution and Refinement of Crystal Structures, University of Göttingen, Germany (2014).Google Scholar