Research on Initial Pressure Of Fracture in the Technique of Staged Fracturing of a Horizontal Well
- 4 Downloads
Based on the stress distribution model of a horizontal well, the calculation model on the fracture pressure of the coalbed methane (CBM) horizontal well is developed. This model deals not only with initiation of the matrix fracture, but also of shear and open fractures. The effects of the cleat parameters and spatial orientation of the well on the fracture character are considered.
Keywordscoalbed methane horizontal well cleats multifracture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. N. Liu and H. Zhang, “Analysis on the CBM Recovery Technology for Horizontal Well in Liulin Block,” China Coalbed Methane 10 (6), 13–17 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Z. Huang, “A Model for Predicting Formation Fracture Pressure,” East China Petroleum Inst. J. 4, 335–346 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.M. K. Hubbert and D. G. Willis, “Mechanics of Hydraulic Fracturing,” Trans. AIME. 210, 153–163 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Haimson and C. Fairhurst, “Initiation and Extension of Hydraulic Fractures in Rocks,” Soc. Petrol. Eng. J. 7 (3). P. 310–318.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Ren, Mechanism of Fracture-Network Fracturing for Naturally Fractured Reservoirs (South West Petroleum University, Chengdu, 2011).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Jin, X. D. Zhang, and M. Chen, “Initiation Pressure Models for Hydraulic Fracturing of Vertical Wells in Naturally Fractured Formation,” Acta Petrolei Sinica 26 (6), 113–114 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.Z. G. Li, S. L. Fu, X. M. Wu, et al., “Research on Mechanical Property Test and Mechanism of Hydraulic Fracture of Gas Well in Coal Beds,” Petrol. Drill. Tech. 28 (3), 10–12 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.B. C. Zhu, S. H. Tang, Z. F. Yan, et al., “Effects of Crustal Stresses and Natural Fractures on Fracture Pressure of Coal Reservoirs,” J. China Coal Soc. 34 (9), 1199–1202 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.Xu Yanbo, Fundamental Theory Research of Horizontal Well Hydraulic Fracture (SouthWest Petroleum College, Chengdu, 2004).Google Scholar
- 13.You Chengye, Analytic Geometry (Peking University Press, Beijing, 2008).Google Scholar
- 14.J. C. Jaeger, N. G. W. Cook, and R. W. Zimmerman Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics (Blackwell, Oxford, 2007).Google Scholar