Diffraction of a Plane Sound Wave on a Thermoelastic Sphere with a Discretely Inhomogeneous Coating
An analytical solution of the problem of the diffraction of a plane monochromatic sound wave on a sphere with a coating of several spherical layers was obtained using the equations of the linear coupled dynamic problem of thermoelasticity of a homogeneous isotropic body. This paper presents the results of calculations of the frequency and angular characteristics of the scattered acoustic field amplitude for a sphere with a multilayer coating and a coating with inhomogeneity continuous across the thickness. It is shown that a continuously inhomogeneous thermoelastic coating can be modeled by a system of homogeneous thermoelastic layers. The effect of the thermoelasticity of the materials of the sphere and its discretely inhomogeneous coating on sound scattering was investigated.
Keywordsdiffraction of sound thermoelastic sphere inhomogeneous thermoelastic layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. L. Shenderov, Radiation and Scattering of Sound (Sudostroenie, Leningrad, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Skobel’tsyn and L. A. Tolokonnikov, “Sound Scattering by an Inhomogeneous Transversely Isotropic Spherical Layer,” Akust. Zh. 41 (6), 917–923 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.N. V. Larin, “Diffraction of a Plane Sound Wave on a Thermoelastic Sphere with an Inhomogeneous Coating,” in Proc. 2nd All-Russian Acoustic Conference Combined with the 30th Session of the Russian Acoustical Society, Nizhny Novgorod, June 6–9, 2017 (Inst. of Appl. Phys., RAS, Nizhny Novgorod, 2017), pp. 1706–1711.Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Ivanov, Diffraction of Electromagnetic Waves on Two Bodies (Nauka Tekhnika, Minsk, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.A. D. Kovalenko, Basics of Thermoelasticity (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.L. M. Brekhovskikh, Acoustics of Layered Media, Ed. by L. M. Brekhovskikh and O. A. Godin (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar