Landau’s Nobel Prize in Physics
- 73 Downloads
Work of Lev Landau had a profound impact on the physics in 20th century. Landau had created the paradigms that had framed the conversations on the outstanding problems in physics for decades. He had laid foundations for our understanding of quantum matter like superfluidity, superconductivity and the theory of Fermi liquid. Here we present some Nobel Archive data on the winning nomination that led to the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1962.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lev Landau—Biographical, Nobel Media AB 2014. http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/ laureates/1962/landau-bio.html. Cited July 9, 2015.Google Scholar
- 2.The Nobel Prize in Physics 1962, Nobel Media AB 2014. http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/ laureates/1962/. Cited July 9, 2015.Google Scholar
- 3.L. Landau, Nobel Prize Nominations, Nomination Database. http://wwwnobelprizeorg/nomination/archive/show_peoplephp?id=10785. Cited July 10, 2015.Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Landau, J. Phys. USSR 1, 71 (1941).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau, JETP 3, 920 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.V. L. Ginzburg, The Nobel Prize in Physics 2003. http://wwwnobelprizeorg/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/2003/. Cited July 11, 2015.Google Scholar
- 7.D.–Haar, Collected Papers of L.D. Landau (Pergamon, Oxford, 1965).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Abrikosov, Academician Lev Landau (Nauka, Moscow, 1965; Argonne, 2015).Google Scholar