Structure and transport properties of stephanite (Ag5SbS4) according to antimony nuclear quadrupole resonance
- First Online:
- 126 Downloads
Silver sulfo-antimonide Ag5SbS4 (stephanite) has been studied by nuclear quadrupole resonance (NQR) spectroscopy on antimony nuclei. The temperature dependences of the spectroscopic and relaxation parameters have been examined in the range of 4.2–395 K. A phase transition at 140 K and internal motions with an activation energy of 0.29 eV have been experimentally detected. The nature of the phase transition and diffusion of silver ions has been discussed in view of the reported data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.V. S. Grechishkin, Nuclear Quadrupole Interactions in Solids (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.R. S. Abdullin, I. N. Pen’kov, N. M. Nizamutdinov, et al., Sov. Phys. Solid State 19, 948 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.I. N. Pen’kov and I. A. Safin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 168, 1148 (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.R. R. Gainov, A. V. Dooglav, I. N. Pen’kov, et al., Superconductor (Sciyo, Rijeka, Croatia, 2010).Google Scholar
- 12.P. S. Zyryanov and V. I. Okulov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 6, 1957 (1964).Google Scholar
- 13.N. V. Belov, A. A. Godovikov, and V. V. Bakakin, Essays on Theoretical Mineralogy (Nauka, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.A. Abragam, The Principles of Nuclear Magnetism (Clarendon, Oxford, 1961).Google Scholar
- 15.D. F. Baisa, A. I. Barabash, and I. G. Vertegel’, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 26, 1 (1981).Google Scholar
- 17.N. I. Butsko, I. D. Zhezhnich, and M. M. Pidorya, Russ. Phys. J. 16, 223 (1973).Google Scholar