The lattices with the continuous vorticity as a model for fractional quantum hall effect
It was shown that the including spin of 2d electrons at high magnetic field is possible to remove the divergences in the cores of the vortex lattice and construct the topologically stable states. These states can be considered as the lattices of skyrmions where the unit cell is mapped on the whole sphere of spin directions. That gives the gapped ground state for electrons and can be used as a model for fractional quantum Hall effect.
KeywordsVortex JETP Letter Ground State Energy High Magnetic Field Vortex Lattice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Quantum Hall Effect, Ed. by R. Prange and S. Girvin (Springer, New York, 1987; Mir, Moscow, 1989).Google Scholar
- 2.New Perspective in Quantum Hall Effect, Ed. by Das Sarma and A. Pinczuk (Wiley, New York, 1997).Google Scholar
- 8.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics, vol. 3 of Course of the Theoretical Physics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1989; Pergamon, New York, 1986).Google Scholar
- 9.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continious Matter, vol. 8 of Course of the Theoretical Physics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1978; Pergamon, New York, 1984).Google Scholar
- 11.E. T. Whitaker and E. T. Watson, Course of Modern Analysis (Cambridge Univ., Cambridge, 1927; Moscow, Fizmatlit, 1963).Google Scholar
- 12.E. M. Lifshitz and L. P. Pitaevski, Statistical Physics II, vol. 9 of Course of the Theoretical Physics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1978; Pergamon, New York, 2002).Google Scholar