Dynamic susceptibility of a spin ice near the critical point
- 84 Downloads
We consider spin ice magnets (primarily, Dy2Ti2O7 in the vicinity of their critical point on the (H, T) plane. We find that the longitudinal susceptibility diverges at the critical point, leading to the behavior qualitatively similar to the one which would result from non-zero conductance of magnetic charges. We show that dynamics of critical fluctuations belongs to the universality class of easy-axis ferroelectric and calculate logarithmic corrections (within two-loop approximation) to the mean-field critical behavior.
KeywordsJETP Letter Logarithmic Correction Dynamic Susceptibility Virial Expansion Loop Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. P. Gingras, arXiv:0903.2772.Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Lifshits and L. P. Pitaevski, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 9: Statistical Physics, Part 2 (Nauka, Moscow, 1978; Pergamon, New York, 1980).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Lebedev, Macroscopic Fluctuation Effects in Condensed Matter (Nauka, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.A. I. Larkin and D. E. Khmelnytsky, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 56, 2087 (1969) [Sov. Phys. JETP 29, 1123 (1969)].Google Scholar
- 14.V. Kobelev, A. B. Kolomeisky, and M. E. Fisher, arXiv:cond-mat/0112238v1 (2001).Google Scholar
- 15.M. Toda, R. Kubo, and N. Saito, Statistical Physics I (Springer, 1998).Google Scholar