Photoconductivity of the narrow-gap Pb1 − x Sn x Te(In) semiconductors in the terahertz spectral range
- 78 Downloads
The spectral dependence of photoconductivity in the doped narrow-gap semiconductor Pb0.75Sn0.25Te(In) under the action of terahertz laser radiation pulses has been studied at temperatures 4.2–30 K. It is shown that the photoconductivity spectrum of the semiconductor spreads at least up to the wavelength of 500 μm. This value is more than twice higher than the red cutoff wavelength of 220 μm in uniaxially stressed Ge(Ga) which is known as the most long-wavelength photodetector among sensitive photon detectors of radiation. Mechanisms responsible for photosensitivity of PbSnTe(In) in the terahertz spectral range are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. A. Volkov and O. M. Ruchaiskii, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 62, 205 (1995) [JETP Lett. 62, 217 (1995)].Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Akimov, A. V. Nikorich, D. R. Khokhlov, and S. N. Chesnokov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 23, 668 (1989) [Sov. Phys. Semicond. 23, 418 (1989)].Google Scholar
- 5.N. A. Akimov, V. G. Erkov, V. V. Kubarev, et al., Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 40, 169 (2006) [Semiconductors 40, 164 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 7.K. G. Kristovskii, A. E. Kozhanov, D. E. Dolzhenko, et al., Fiz. Tverd. Tela 46, 123 (2004) [Phys. Solid State 46, 122 (2004)]; D. Khokhlov, L. Ryabova, A. Nicorici, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 264103 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.S. D. Ganichev and W. Prettl, Intense Terahertz Excitation of Semiconductors (Oxford Univ., Oxford, 2006).Google Scholar