Oscillations of echo amplitude in glasses in a magnetic field induced by nuclear dipole-dipole interaction
- 21 Downloads
The influence of a magnetic field on the dipole echo amplitude in glasses (at temperatures of about 10 mK) induced by the dipole-dipole interaction of nuclear spins has been theoretically studied. It has been shown that a change in the mutual position of nuclear spins at tunneling and the Zeeman energy E H of their interaction with the external magnetic field lead to a nonmonotonic magnetic-field dependence of the dipole echo amplitude. The approximation that the nuclear dipole-dipole interaction energy E d is much smaller than the Zeeman energy has been found to be valid in the experimentally important cases. It has been shown that the dipole echo amplitude in this approximation may be described by a simple universal analytic function independent of the microscopic structure of the two-level systems. An excellent agreement of the theory with the experimental data has been obtained without fitting parameters (except for the unknown echo amplitude).
PACS numbers61.43.Fs 76.60.-k 81.05.Kf
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amorphous Solids LowTemperatue Properties, Ed. by W. A. Phillips (Springer, Berlin, 1981).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Ludwig, C. Enss, P. Strehlow, and S. Hunklinger, Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 075501 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Wurger, A. Fleischmann, and C. Enss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 237601 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Nagel, A. Fleischmann, S. Hunklinger, and C. Enss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 245511 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Fleishmann, in Proc. of the Intern. Workshop on Quantum Disordered Systems, Glassy Low Temperature Physics and Physics at the Glass Transition, March 13–24, 2006 (MaxPlanckInst. fur Physik komplexer Systeme, Dresden, Germany, 2006).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Bazrafshan, G. Fickenscher, M. V. Schickfus, et al., J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 92, 012135 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Shumilin and D. A. Parshin, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 89, 143 (2009) [JETP Lett. 89, 124 (2009)].Google Scholar
- 10.Celine Rudiger, Diploma Work (Heidelberg, 2008).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Fickenscher, M. Bazrafshan, K. Reinhold, et al., J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 150, 042032 (2009).Google Scholar