Investigation of coherent phonons in bismuth by femtosecond laser and X-ray pulse probing
- 56 Downloads
Using femtosecond laser pulses, coordinated oscillations (coherent phonons) of Bi single-crystal atoms have been excited and recorded. The comparison with experimental results on the X-ray probing of coherent phonons at the same excitation energy density demonstrates that the observed lifetime and frequency shift of the oscillations are similar in both cases. Moreover, it has been revealed that the relaxation (incoherent) contributions are identical. This coincidence of the photoinduced response parameters indicates that probing in the visible spectrum correctly reflects the coherent dynamics of the Bi crystal lattice.
PACS numbers63.20.-e 78.47.+p
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Y. Yu and M. Cardona, Fundamentals of Semiconductors (Springer, Berlin, 2005), p. 259.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Beaud, S. L. Johnson, A. Streun, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 174801 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.S. L. Johnson, P. Beaud, C. J. Milne, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 155501 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.M. F. DeCamp, D. A. Reis, P. H. Bucksbaum, et al., Phys. Rev. B 64, 092301 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.M. V. Lebedev, O. V. Misochko, T. Dekorsi, and N. Georgiev, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 127, 308 (2005) [JETP 100, 272 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 10.V. O. Kompanets, Yu. E. Lozovik, A. A. Mel’nikov, et al., in Proceedings of the 4th International Scientific Seminar on Modern Methods of Diffraction Data Analysis (Novgorod, 2008), p. 116.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Boschetto, E. G. Gamaly, A. V. Rode, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 027404 (2008).Google Scholar