An Interference Microscope with a Low-Coherence Source and a Supersmooth Reference Mirror
- 2 Downloads
The design and principle of operation of a Linnik-scheme-based interference microscope with a low-coherent radiation source and a reference mirror in the form of a monoatomic silicon layer are described. The microscope is designed to measure the heights of the surface profiles of reflecting objects by the phase-shifting method and provides a measurement error of up to 0.6 Å. The results of experiments on measuring the heights of monoatomic silicon layers to determine the sensitivity and on balls of silicon dioxide to assess the temporal stability of measurements are presented.
This study was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the Agreement no. 14.625.21.0041, September 26, 2017 (the unique identifier of applied scientific research is RFMEFI62517X0041). Some studies were performed using equipment of the Center of Shared Unique Facilities in nanotechnologies (Moscow Physical and Technical Institute).
- 1.Barysheva, M.M., Vainer, Yu.A., Gribkov, B.A., Zorina, M.V., Pestov, A.E., Rogachev, D.N., Sala-shchenko, N.N., and Chkhalo, N.I., Bull. Rus. Acad. Sci.: Phys., 2011, vol. 75, no. 1, p. 67.Google Scholar
- 3.Gorodetskii, M.L., Opticheskie mikrorezonatory s gigantskoi dobrotnost’yu (Optical Micro-Resonators with a Giant Quality Factor), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.Zlenko, M.A., Additivnye tekhnologii v mashinostroenii. Posobie dlya inzhenerov (Additive Technologies for Machine Building. Manual for Engineers), Nagai-tsev, M.V. and Dovbysh, V.M., Eds., Moscow: State Research Center of the Russian Federation FSUE NAMI, 2015.Google Scholar
- 6.Klein, J., Stern, M., Franchin, G., Kayser, M., Inamura, C., Dave, S., Weaver, J.C., Houk, P., Colombo, P., Yang, M., and Oxman, N., 3D Print. Addit. Manuf., 2015, vol. 2, no. 3, p. 92. doi 10.1089/ 3dp.2015.0021Google Scholar
- 8.Optical Shop Testing, Malacara, D., Ed., Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2007.Google Scholar
- 9.Minaev, V.L., Metrologiya, 2012, no. 7, p. 19.Google Scholar
- 10.Minaev, V.L., Metrologiya, 2012, no. 8, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 14.Shcheglov, D.V., Kosolobov, S.S., Rodyakina, E.E., and Latyshev, A.V., RF Patent 2371674, Byull. Izobret., 2009, no. 30.Google Scholar