A Scanning SXR Spectrometer Used in Experiments on ECR Plasma Heating at the L-2M Stellarator
Abstract—A diagnostic complex that is based on a scanning soft X-ray spectrometer has been developed at the Prokhorov General Physics Institute. The diagnostic complex is intended to measure the radial profiles of the plasma electron temperature in the L-2M stellarator. The maximum counting rate of the spectrometer is 2.0 × 105 pulses/s. It allows measuring of SXR spectra in the energy range of γ-photons of 1–80 keV. The spectral resolution of the spectrometer measured using a source of radioactive radiation with energy of E = 5.89 keV (55Fe) was ΔE = 320 eV (FWHM). The scanning system makes it possible to measure SXR spectra along the chords lying in the angular range from –13.5° to +26.5°. Negative and positive angles correspond to chords below and above the equatorial plane of the facility, respectively. The radial resolution of the spectrometer at the plasma axis is ~1.7 cm. The first results of spectral measurements in experiments at electron cyclotron resonance plasma heating at the L-2M stellarator are presented.
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-02-00609.
- 2.Esipchuk, Yu.V., Kirneva, N.A., Martynov, A.A., and Trukhin, V.M., Plasma Phys. Rep.,1995, vol. 21, no. 7.Google Scholar
- 4.https://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/XrayMassCoef /tab3.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 7.Voronov, G.S., Batanov, G.M., Berezhetsky, M.S., Bondar, Yu.F., Borzosekov, V.D., Vaphin, I.Yu., Vasil’kov, D.G., Grebenshchikov, S.E., Grishina, I.A., Kolik, L.V., Konchekov, E.M., Larionova, N.F., Letunov, A.A., Logvinenko, V.P., Malakhov, D.V., et al., Plasma Phys. Rep.,2012, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 708–717. doi 10.1134/S1063780X12090073ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Meshcheryakov, A.I., Akulina, D.A., Batanov, G.M., Berezhetsky, M.S., Voronov, G.S., Gladkov, G.A., Grebenshchikov, S.E., Grinchuk, V.A., Grishina, I.A., Kolik, L.V., Larionova, N.F., Letunov, A.A., Logvinenko, V.P., Petrov, A.E., Pshenichnikov, A.A., Ryabenko, G.A., Sarksyan, K.A., Skvortsova, N.N., Fedyanin, O.I., Kharchev, N.K., Khol’nov, Yu.V., and Sharapov, V.M., Plasma Phys. Rep., 2005, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 452–461.ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Meshcheryakov, A.I., Grebenshchikov, S.E., Kuznetsov, A.B., Sbitnikova, I.S., Kharchev, N.K., and Shchepetov, S.V., J. Plasma Fusion Res. SER., 1998, vol. 1, p. 350.Google Scholar
- 10.Erckmann, V., Laqua, H.P., Maaßberg, H., Maru-shchenko, N.B., Rome, M., Volpe, F., Kasparek, W., and Müller, G.A., W7-AS Team, IAEA Publications, EX/ W-3. http://wwwpub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/csp_019c/pdf/exw_3.pdf.Google Scholar