A Complex for Carrying Out Radar Observations of Near-Earth Objects
The Institute of Applied Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex regularly conduct intercontinental radar observations of near-Earth objects using a 70-m DSS-14 antenna as a transmitter and the 32-m RT-32 radio telescopes of the Quasar VLBI network as receivers. To carry out the observations, the existing complex for reception, conversion, and recording of signals from the RT-32 radio telescopes has been adapted and special software for scheduling observations and processing echo signals has been developed. Since 2015, echoes from the 2011 UW158, 2003 TL4, 2003 YT1, 2003 BD44, and 2014 JO25 asteroids have been recorded. The power spectra of the echoes from these asteroids have been obtained and analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ipatov, A., Gayazov, I., Smolentsev, S., Ivanov, D., Ilin, G., Shuygina, N., and Bondarenk, Yu., Proc. IVS 2014 General Meeting, Beijing, 2014, Behrend, D., Baver, K.D., and Armstrong, K.L., Eds., Beijing: Science Press. 2014, p. 173.Google Scholar
- 7.Folkner, W.M., Interoffice Memorandum, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 2010, IOM 343R-10-001.Google Scholar
- 8.Ivanov, D.V., Ipatov, A.V., Ipatova, I.A., Mardyshkin, V.V., and Mikhailov, A.G., Tr. Inst. Prikl. Astron. Ross. Akad. Nauk. 1997, no. 2, p. 242.Google Scholar
- 9.Vytnov, A.V., Ivanov, D.V., Zhukov, E.T., Smolentsev, S.G., and Yakovlev, V.A., Istor. Nauki Tekh., 2013, no. 3, p. 84.Google Scholar
- 11.Whitney, A.R., Proc. IVS 2004 General Meeting, NASA/CP-2004-212255, Vandenberg, N.R. and Baver, K.D., Eds., Ottawa. 2004, p. 177.Google Scholar
- 12.Lyons, R.G., Understanding Digital Signal Processing, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2001.Google Scholar
- 15.Naidu, S., Proc. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2017, Abstr. ID 282413.Google Scholar