The Coaxial Shunt for Measurement of Current Pulses of Artificial Lightning with the Amplitude up to ±220 kA
- 10 Downloads
The improved construction of the coaxial shunt SC-300M intended for measurement of decaying sine and aperiodic pulses of artificial lightning current with amplitudes up to ±220 kA is described. The results of tests of the instrument shunt in the high-current discharging circuit of power high-voltage generator of lightning current (g.l.c.) under pulsed A-component with the first amplitude -198 kA corresponding to time ≈35 µs and an action integral of the simulated pulse of current of lightning discharge equal to ≈2.38 × 106 J/Ω are presented. The quantity of electricity under single action on the shunt by a current pulse of artificial lightning with logarithmic decrement of oscillations ≈2.06 that passed through the current-carrying elements of its construction was ≈-9.9 C. It was shown that, simultaneously with registration of pulsed A-component of lightning current, the shunt, owing to using of a matching voltage divider at the end of its cable communication line, allows also to measure normalized amplitude-time parameters of aperiodic shortened long-term C*-component of artificial lightning current (-568 A; ≈5 ms;τC* ≈18 ms; -16 C) that was being formed in the discharging circuit of the generator.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.SAE ARP 5412:2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Related Test Waveform., SAE Aerospace, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.SAE ARP 5416:2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods, SAE Aerospace, 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.IEC 62305-1: 2010. Protection Against Lightnin., Part 1: General Principles, Geneva: IEC Publ., 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.Baranov, M.I., Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki (Selected Problems on Electrophysics), vol. 3: Teoriya i praktika elektrofizicheskikh zadach (Theory and Practice for Electrophysical Problems), Kharkov: Tochka, 2014.Google Scholar
- 9.Baranov, M.I. and Kravchenko, V.I., Elektrichestvo. 2013, no. 10, p. 7.Google Scholar