Effect of Silver Doping on the Dielectric Properties of TlInSe2 Single Crystals
- 6 Downloads
We have studied the effect of doping with silver on the dielectric properties and ac conductivity of TlInSe2 (2 mol % Ag) single crystals grown by the Bridgman–Stockbarger method using a growth charge synthesized from high-purity chemical elements. Experimental data on the frequency dispersion of dielectric coefficients and electrical conductivity in (1 – x)(TlInSe2) ⋅ xAg single crystals allowed us to identify the nature of the dielectric loss and the mechanism of hopping charge transport and evaluate parameters of localized states in the band gap.
Keywords:TlInSe2 (1 – x)(TlInSe2) ⋅ xAg solid solution single crystals silver dielectric properties electrical conductivity parameters of localized states
This work was supported by the Azerbaijan Republic President’s Science Development Foundation, grant nos. EİF-BGM-3-BRFTF-2+/2017-15/05/1-M-13, EİF-BGM-4-RFTF-1/2017-21/05/1-M-07 and the Science Foundation of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR project no 12LR-AMEA. 2018).
- 2.Kerimova, E.M., Mustafaeva, S.N., and Mageramov, A.B., Effect of doping with Ag, Cu, and Sn on the electric and photoelectric properties of TlInSe2 single crystals, Inorg. Mater., 1997, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1121–1122.Google Scholar
- 3.Mustafaeva, S.N., Frequency dependence of the real and imaginary parts of the complex dielectric permittivity and electrical conductivity of single-crystalline TlInSe2 in relaxation processes, Zh. Radioelektron., 2013, no. 7, pp. 1–8.Google Scholar
- 9.Mustafaeva, S.N., AC conductivity measurements for high-resistivity materials, Vse Mater. Entsiklopedich. Spravochnik, 2016, no. 10, pp. 74–79.Google Scholar
- 12.Huheey, J.E., Inorganic Chemistry: Principles of Structure and Reactivity, New York: Harper and Row, 1983.Google Scholar
- 13.Pasynkov, V.V. and Sorokin, V.S., Materialy elektronnoi tekhniki (Electronic Engineering Materials), St. Petersburg: Lan’, 2004, 6th ed.Google Scholar
- 16.Mott, N.F. and Davis, E.A., Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials, Oxford: Clarendon, 1979, 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 18.Mustafaeva, S.N., Asadov, M.M., and Ismailov, A.A., Charge transfer through localized states in InSe and InSe〈Sn〉 single crystals, Fiz. Nizk. Temp. (Kiev), 2010, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 394–397.Google Scholar