Fabrication of flexible transparent conductive coatings based on single-walled carbon nanotubes
We have proposed a method for large-scale growth of thin nanotube films from solution on the surface of flexible, transparent substrates. Uniform nanotube deposition was achieved through the preparation of a stable colloidal nanotube solution in an aqueous surfactant solution. We examined the effect of the number of deposition cycles on the morphology of the films and their optical and electrical characteristics. The results demonstrate that the optical transmittance of the films decreases linearly with increasing film thickness, whereas their resistance decreases quadratically, which corresponds to three-dimensional nanotube percolation in the films. With increasing film thickness, the sheet resistance of the films drops from 400 to 15 kΩ/□ and their transmittance decreases from 85 to 40%, respectively.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Scardaci, V., Coull, R., and Coleman, J.N., Very thin transparent, conductive carbon nanotube films on flexible substrates, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2010, vol. 97, no. 2, paper 023 114.Google Scholar
- 3.Zikang, T. and Sheng, P., Nanoscale phenomena: Basic science to device applications, Ser.: Lecture Notes Nanoscale Sci. Technol., 2008, vol. 2, no. 14, p. 248.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, J., Gao, L., Sun, J., et al., Dispersion of single-walled carbon nanotubes by Nafion in water/ethanol for preparing transparent conducting films, J. Phys. Chem., 2008, vol. 112, p. 16 370.Google Scholar
- 12.Krestinin, A.V., Kiselev, N.A., Raevskii, A.V., and Ryabenko, A.G., Perspective of single-wall carbon nanotube production in the arc-discharge process, Eurasian Chem. Tech. J., 2003, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 7.Google Scholar
- 14.Bobrinetskii, I.I. and Nevolin, V.K., Micromechanics of carbon nanotubes on substrates, Mikrosist. Tekh., 2002, no. 4, p. 20.Google Scholar
- 19.Zhou, Y., Hu, L., and Gruner, G., A method of printing carbon nanotube thin films, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2006, vol. 88, no. 3, paper 123 109.Google Scholar