Method of equivalent initial temperatures to account for welding stresses in strength analysis
- First Online:
- 64 Downloads
A method of strength analysis with accounting of residual welding stresses (RWSs) is described. This consists in the calculation of such a field of initial temperatures from which upon cooling in a construction a corresponding field of residual stresses is obtained. The selected form of the representation of RWSs provides the possibility for their use during the simulation of the process of loading the welded construction by the finite element method.
Keywordsresidual welding stresses field of initial temperatures strength analysis finite element method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.American Standard API 579-I/ASME FFS-1 2007: Fitness-Fcr-Service, 2007.Google Scholar
- 2.British Standard BS: Guide on Methods for Assessing the Acceptability of Flaws in Metallic Structures, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.Timoshenko, S.P. and Goodier, J. N., Theory of Elasticity, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1st Ed. 1934, 2nd Ed. 1951. Translated under the title Teoriya uprugosti, Moscow: Nauka, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Kurkin, S.A., Khovov, V.M., Aksenov, Yu.N., et al., Komp’yuternoe proektirovanie i podgotovka proizvodstva svarnykh konstruktsii: Ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov, Computational Designing and Production Preparation of Welded Constructions: School-Book for College, Kurkin, S.A. and Khovov, V.M, Eds., Moscow: Izd. MGTU im. Bauman, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Ponomareva, I.N., Welding Stresses during the Multipass Welding of Pipelines Joints, Svar. Proizvod., 2009, no. 1, pp. 7–11.Google Scholar
- 6.Ponomareva, I.N., Computational Validation for Exclusion of Postwelding Thermal Treatment of Trunk Pipelines Joints of High-Strength Steel of the X80 Class with Large Thickness, Svarka I Diagnostika, 2009, no. 4, pp. 23–27.Google Scholar