Chemical preparation of samples of dead automobile catalyzers for subsequent determination of platinum, palladium, and rhodium using atomic emission spectrometry with inductively coupled plasma
- 103 Downloads
Systematic studies of different methods for decomposition of samples of dead automobile catalyzers (ACs) on a ceramic base using mixtures of mineral acids and high-temperature alloying with the aim of subsequent determination of platinum, palladium, and rhodium using atomic emission spectrometry with inductively coupled plasma are presented. The behavior of matrix components of dead ACs under the conditions of sample decomposition is investigated. The effect of the results of determining platinum group metals is studied. The relative standard deviation of the results of the analysis performed according to the developed techniques is 11-9% at platinum, palladium, and rhodium concentrations ranging from 0.01 to 0.3%.
Keywordsautomobile catalyzers (catalytic converters) platinum group metals atomic emission spectrometry with inductively coupled plasma chemical preparation of samples acid decomposition alloying
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dubakin, V.A., Zotov, V.S., and Kuznetsov, S.D., Neitralizatsiya otrabotavshikh gazov avtomobil’nykh dvigatelei (Neutralization of exhaust gases of automobile engines), Moscow: Ekomash-KN, 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.Heck, R.M. and Farrauto, R.J., Atomobile Exhaust Catalysts, Appl. Catal., A, 2001, no. 221, pp. 443–457.Google Scholar
- 4.Ginzburg, S.I., Ezerskaya, N.A., Prokof’eva, I.V., and Fedorenko, N.V., Analiticheskaya khimiya platinovykh metallov (Analytical Chemistry of Platinum Metals), Moscow: Nauka, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.Kylander, M.E., Rauch, S., Morrison, G.M., and Andam, K., Impact of Automobile Emissions on the Levels of Platinum and Lead in Accra, Ghana, J. Environ. Monit., 2003, no. 5, pp. 91–95.Google Scholar
- 10.Dal’nova, O.A., Shiryaeva, O.A., Karpov, Yu.A., and Alekseeva, T.Yu., Direct Atomic-Absorption Determination of Platinum, Palladium, and Rhodium in Dead Auto Catalysis on a Ceramic Base, Zavod. Lab., Diagn. Mater., 2009, vol. 75, no. 7, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar
- 11.Malyutina, T.M., Alekseeva, T.Yu., D’yachkova, A.V., Kudryavtseva G.S., Berliner, L.D., and Karpov, Yu.A., Determination of Platinum and Palladium in Dead Catalysts Using the Method of Atomic-Emission Spectrometry with Inductively Coupled Plasma after Sample Decomposition Using High-Temperature Alloying, Zavod. Lab., Diagn. Mater., 2009, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 4–7.Google Scholar
- 12.Chudinov, E.G., Atomno-emissionnyi analiz s induktsionnoi plazmoi. Itogi nauki i tekhniki. Analiticheskaya khimiya (Atomic-Emission Analysis with Inductive Plasma), Moscow: VINITI, 1990, vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 13.OST (Branch Standard) 153-39.2-032-2003: Dead Aluminum—Platinum Monometallic and Polymetallic Catalysts and Catalyst Production Residue, 2003.Google Scholar