Composition, structural parameters, and color of langatate
- 95 Downloads
Langatate crystals with the nominal composition La3(Ga0.5Ta0.5)Ga5O14 grown by Czochralski pulling along 〈0001〉 have been studied by X-ray and neutron diffraction before and after postgrowth annealing in air and vacuum. Their compositions are determined, the relationship between the Ga/Ta ratio and unit-cell parameters is established, and their color (colorless, yellow, and orange crystals) is shown to depend on their oxygen content and the growth and annealing conditions. Vacuum annealing at sufficiently high temperatures leads to precipitation of a green phase, La(Ta,Ga)3+O3.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Chai, B., Lefaucheur, J.L., Ji, Y.Y., and Qiu, H., Growth and Evaluation of Large LGS (La3Ga5SiO14), LGN (La3Ga5.5Nb0.5O14), LGT (La3Ga5.5Ta0.5O14) Single Crystals, Proc. IEEE Int. Freq. Control Symp., 1998, pp. 748–760.Google Scholar
- 6.Buzanov, O.A., Zabelina, E.V., and Kozlova, N.S., Effect of Growth and Postgrowth Treatment Conditions on the Optical Properties of Lanthanum Gallium Tantalate Crystals, Kristallografiya, 2007, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 716–721.Google Scholar
- 7.Fukuda, T., Takeda, H., Shimamura, K., et al., Growth of New Langasite Single Crystals for Piezoelectric Applications, Proc. 11th IEEE-ISAF, 1998, pp. 315–319.Google Scholar
- 9.Domoroshchina, E.N., Effect of Growth Conditions on the Composition, Structure, and Properties of Langasite-Family Crystals, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, 2005.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuz’micheva, G.M., Zaharko, O., Tyunina, E.A., et al., Point Defects in Langatate Crystals, Kristallografiya, 2009, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 303–306.Google Scholar
- 13.Yunin, V.V., Ovsetsina, T.I., Chuprunov, E.V., et al., Structure Refinement of Sr3TaGa3Si2O14 and La3Ta0.5Ga5.5O14 Langasite-Family Crystals, Vestn. Nizhegorod. Gos. Univ., 2004, no. 1, pp. 75–80.Google Scholar