Electric-field effect on crystal growth in the Li3PO4-Li4GeO4-Li2MoO4-LiF system
We have studied the electric-field effect on crystallization processes in the Li3PO4-Li4GeO4-Li2MoO4-LiF system. In zero field, Li3+xP1−xGexO4 (x = 0.31) crystals were grown on the cathode under the conditions of this study. At low applied voltages (≤ 0.5 V), we obtained Li2MoO4, Li2GeO3, and Li1.3Mo3O8. In the range V = 0.5–1 V, crystals of Li3+xP1−xGexO4 solid solutions with x = 0.17, 0.25, 0.28, 0.29, and 0.36 were obtained. An applied electric field was shown to reduce the melting temperature of the starting mixtures and the crystallization onset temperature.
- 4.Belyaev, A.P. and Rubets, V.P., Influence of External Conditions on Crystallization Mechanisms in Eutectic Sn-Pb Melts, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (S.-Peterburg), 2005, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 193–195.Google Scholar
- 6.Ivanov-Schits, A.K. and Murin, I.V., Ionika tverdogo tela (Solid-State Ionics), St. Petersburg: S.-Peterburg. Univ., 2000, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 9.Ivanov-Shits, A.K. and Kireev, V.V., Crystal Growth and Ionic Conductivity of Li3+xP1−xGexO4 (x = 0.34), Kristallografiya, 2002, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 117–120.Google Scholar
- 10.Rabadanov, M.Kh., Petrashko, A., Kireev, V.V., et al., Atomic Structure and Mechanism of Ionic Conductivity in Li3.31Ge0.31P0.69O4 Single Crystals, Kristallografiya, 2003, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 640–645.Google Scholar
- 11.Dem’yanets, L.N., Ivanov-Shitz, A.K., Kireev, V.V., and Ksenofontov, D.A., Electric-Field Effect on Crystallization in the Li3PO4-Li4GeO4-Li2MoO4-LiF System, Neorg. Mater., 2004, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1001–1005 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 874–877].Google Scholar
- 12.Ksenofontov, D.A., Zubkova, N.V., Pushcharovskii, D.Yu., et al., Synthesis and Crystal Structure of Li3.17(P0.69Ge0.24Mo0.07)O4, Kristallografiya, 2006, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 425–428.Google Scholar