Influence of Hardening on the Speed of Ultrasound in Steels
- 4 Downloads
The work presents the results of an experimental study on the core speed of ultrasound, the relative thermal expansion, the densities, and the Young’s modulus calculated based on these data for several hardened and annealed steels in a wide temperature range. The experimental data were processed by the least-squares method, which made it possible to obtain approximating equations for the temperature dependences of the studied and calculated properties of steels.
This work was supported by the state contract no. 007-00129-18-00 and by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-08-00368а.
- 1.Marochnik stalei i splavov (Database of Steels and Alloys), Sorokin, V.G., Ed., Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.Marochnik stalei i splavov (Database of Steels and Alloys), Zubchenko, A.S., Ed., Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.GOST (State Standard) 19281-2014: Rolled Steel with Increased Strength. General Specifications, Moscow: Standartinform, 2015.Google Scholar
- 4.GOST (State Standard) 4543-71: Structural Alloy Steel Bars. Specifications, Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.GOST (State Standard) 1435-99: Bars, Strips, and Reels of Tool Unalloyed Steel. General Specifications, Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.GOST (State Standard) 1050-2013: Metal Products from Unalloyed Structural Quality and Special Steels. General Specifications, Moscow: Standartinform, 2014.Google Scholar
- 7.Roshchupkin, V.V., Lyakhovitskii, M.M., Pokrasin, M.A., Chernov, A.I., and Kol’tsov, A.G., GSSSD (State Standard Reference Data Service) ME 216-2014: Procedure for the Experimental Determination of the Speed and Attenuation Coefficient of Ultrasound in Solids in the Temperature Range of 20–1000 °C Using Wire Samples with an Acoustic Label, Moscow: Standartinform, 2014.Google Scholar
- 8.Pokrasin, M.A., Roshchupkin, V.V., Semashko, N.A., and Chernov, A.I., USSR Inventor’s Certificate no. 1 211 611.Google Scholar
- 9.Novikov, I.I., Roshchupkin, V.V., Pokrasin, M.A., Lyakhovitskii, M.M., Chernov, A.I., Penkin, A.G., Sobol’, N.L., and Kol’tsov, A.G., Pribory, 2012, no. 3, p. 51.Google Scholar
- 10.Novikova, S.I., Teplovoe rasshirenie tverdyh tel (Thermal Expansion of Solids), Moscow: Nauka, 1974.Google Scholar
- 11.Fizicheskaya entsiklopediya (Physical Encyclopedia), Moscow: Bol’shaya Ross. Entsiklopediya, 1994, vol. 4.Google Scholar