Numerical simulation of heat exchange and turbulent fluid flow in a pipe under supercritical pressure with allowance for the joint effect of density pulsations and thermal acceleration on turbulent transfer
- 57 Downloads
Regimes of deteriorated (with peaks of the wall temperature) heat release under a turbulent flow of carbon dioxide in a round pipe under supercritical pressure are calculated. The calculation is based on a system of motion, continuity, and energy equations written in the narrow channel approximation. The buoyancy force was neglected. A model of turbulent stress and turbulent thermal flow with allowance for the joint influence of density pulsations and thermal acceleration is proposed. The calculation results for the variation in the wall temperature and resistance coefficients along the well agree with available experimental data. An explanation for the causes of the appearance of a peak in the wall temperature distribution along the pipe in the region where the fluid temperature is close to the pseudocritical temperature is presented.
KeywordsNusselt Number Wall Temperature Buoyancy Force Turbulent Viscosity Turbulent Stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kurganov, V.A., Zeigarnik, Yu.A., Maslakova, I.V., and Ivanov, F.P., Preprint of Joint Institute for High Temperatures, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, 2011, no. 2-507.Google Scholar
- 2.Jackson, J.D., in Proceeding of the 14th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH-14), Toronto, Canada, September 25–30, 2011, Toronto, 2011, paper 574.Google Scholar
- 4.Monin, A.S. and Yaglom, A.N., Statistical Fluid Mechanics: Volume 1. Mechanics of Turbulence, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1971.Google Scholar
- 7.Gibson, M.M. and Launder, B.E., Teploperedacha, 1976, no. 1, p. 86.Google Scholar
- 10.Ankudinov, V.B., Cand. Sci. (Tech.) Dissertation, Moscow: Moscow Power Engineering Institute, 1983.Google Scholar
- 11.Kurganov, V.A., Ankudinov, V.B., and Kaptil’nyi, A.G., in Turbulentnyi teploobmen pri smeshannoi konvektsii v vertikal’nykh trubakh (Turbulent Heat Transfer under Mixed Convection in Vertical Tubes), Moscow: Joint Institute for High Temperatures, Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Union, 1989, p. 95.Google Scholar
- 13.Altunin, V.V., Teplofizicheskie svoistva dvuokisi ugleroda (Thermophysical Properties of Carbon Dioxide), Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 1975.Google Scholar
- 14.Valueva, E.P. and Popov, V.N., Teploenergetika (Moscow), 1985, no. 9, p. 62.Google Scholar