Modification of Weld Metal with Tungsten Carbide and Titanium Nitride Nanoparticles in Twin Submerged Arc Welding
The influence of tungsten carbide and titanium nitride nanoparticles on the structure and properties of the weld metal of welded joints made by automatic twin submerged arc welding is considered. The nanoparticles have been introduced into the weld pool as a part of the “master alloy” based on nickel powder (PNE-1 according to GOST 9722). It has been shown that modifying the weld metal with tungsten carbide nanoparticles holds promise for enhancing the impact strength. In addition, it has been found that titanium nitride is prone to dissociation under the same conditions. However, microalloying with titanium, which is due to the release of titanium from the nitride, leads to an increase in the impact strength of the weld metal.
Keywordssubmerged arc welding nanosized particles modification impact strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.RD (Guideline Document) 25.160.10-KTN-015-15: Trunk pipeline transport of oil and oil products: Part 1. Welding in the construction and repair of vertical steel tanks (Moscow, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Shakhmatov, M.V., Shakhmatov, D.M., and Yakovlev, D.S., Svarka Diagnost., 2015, no. 6, p.14.Google Scholar
- 3.Khrenov, K.K., Poznyak, L.A., Yuzvenko, Yu.A., and Samotryasov, M.S., Svarochn. Proizvod., 1959, no. 6, p.6.Google Scholar
- 4.Krivonosova, E.A., Doctoral Dissertation in Engineering (Perm, 2005).Google Scholar
- 5.Kobernik, N.V., Pankratov, A.S., and Linnik, A.A., Svarka Diagnost., 2015, no. 5, p.11.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuznetsov, V.D., Smirnov, I.V., and Shapovalov, K.P., Prog. Tekhnol. Sistemy Mashinobuduvaniya, 2013, vol. 2, no. 46, p.143.Google Scholar
- 7.Gushchin, D.A., Extended Abstract of Candidate’s Dissertation in Engineering (Moscow, 2017).Google Scholar
- 8.Boldyrev, A.M., Grebenchuk, V.G., Gushchin, D.A., Tkachev, A.G., and Blinov, S.V., Nanotekhnol. Stroit., 2013, no. 6, p.53.Google Scholar
- 9.Boldyrev, A.M., Grigorash, V.V., Gushchin, D.A., and Grebenchuk, V.G., Nanotekhnol. Stroit., 2012, no. 2, p.56.Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, Z. and Farrar, A., Weld. Res., 1997, no. 5, p. 183.Google Scholar