Kinetic features of plasma etching of polycarbonate in oxygen plasma
- 29 Downloads
Changes in surface properties and composition of the surface layer of polycarbonate of the Lexan LS2 and Lexan 8010 brands after treatment in the positive column of glow-discharge oxygen plasma have been studied. The amount of the polymer loaded for processing has been shown to affect the kinetics of etching and modifying the polycarbonate surface. It has been found that an increase in the amount of the polymer in the plasma reduces its etching rate and also affects the electrical parameters of plasma, which in turn can cause a change in the flux of active species onto the polymer surface and, consequently, a change in the rate of plasma-initiated heterogeneous processes.
Keywordslow-temperature plasma oxygen plasma plasma etching polycarbonate activation energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gilman, A.B., Drake, A.I., Vengerskaya, L.E., Semenova, G.K., Kuznetsov, A.A., and Potapov, V.K., 3 Mezhdunarodnyi simpozium po teoreticheskoi i prikladnoi plazmokhiii. Sbornuk materialov (Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Pure and Applied Plasma Chemistry), 2002, vol. 2, p. 313.Google Scholar
- 2.Gil’man, A.B., Vengerskaya, L.E., Grigor’eva, G.A., and Potapov, V.K., High Energy Chem., 1999, vol. 33, no. 6, p. 413.Google Scholar
- 3.Maksimov, A.I., Rybkin, V.V., and Kuvaldina, E.V., High Energy Chem., 1995, vol. 29, no. 1. p. 56.Google Scholar
- 4.Smirnov, S.A., Titov, V.A., and Rybkin, V.V., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2012, vol. 55, no. 4, p. 12.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuvaldina, E.V., Maksimov, A.I., Rybkin, V.V., and Lyubimov, V.K., Khim. Vys. Energ., 1990, vol. 24, no. 5, p. 422.Google Scholar
- 8.Ovtsyn, A.A., Smirnov, S.A., and Artyukhov, A.I., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2016, vol. 59, no. 2, p. 52.Google Scholar
- 9.Rybkin, V.V., Kuvaldina, E.V., Smirnov, S.A., Titov, V.A., and Ivanov, A.N., High Energy Chem., 1999, vol. 33, no. 6, p. 409.Google Scholar