Photonics of 18-crown-6-containing styryl dye and its complexes with metal cations
- 31 Downloads
Using absorption, luminescence, 1H NMR, and laser kinetic spectroscopies, the photophysical processes and photochemical reactions of 4-[(E)-2-(2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12,14,15-decahydro-1,4,7,10,13,16-benzohexaoxacyclooctadecin-18-yl)vinyl]-1-ethylpyridinium perchlorate and its complexes with lithium, sodium, potassium, calcium, barium, silver, and lead perchlorates in MeCN have been studied. The styryl dye and its complexes with metal cations are capable of emitting normal (prompt) and delayed fluorescence and enter into the trans–cis photoisomerization reaction. The dye molecules in the triplet state participate in the processes of degradation of electronic excitation energy. Triplet–triplet absorption is observed only in the presence of lead cations with a maximum at 470 nm and the deactivation rate constant of the triplet state k = 2.5 × 104 s–1 in a deoxygenated solution.
Keywordsdelayed fluorescence triplet state complexation trans–cis photoisomerization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Khimicheskii entsiklopedicheskii slovar’ (Chemical Encyclopedic Dictionary) Knunyants, I.L., Ed., Moscow: Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya, 1983, p. 54.Google Scholar
- 2.Gromov, S.P. and Alfimov, M.V., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1997, no. 4, p. 641.Google Scholar
- 3.Gromov, S.P., Fedorova, O.A., Ushakov, E.N., Stanislavskii, O.B., and Alfimov, M.V., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1991, vol. 321, no. 1, p. 104.Google Scholar
- 4.Alfimov, M.V., Gromov, S.P., Stanislavskii, O.B., Ushakov, E.N., and Fedorova, O.A., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1993, no. 8, p. 1449.Google Scholar
- 5.Gromov, S.P., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2008, no. 7, p. 1299.Google Scholar
- 8.Ushakov, E.N., Gromov, S.P., Fedorova, O.A., and Alfimov, M.V., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1997, no. 3, p. 484.Google Scholar
- 9.Vedernikov, A.I., Gromov, S.P., Lobova, N.A., Kuz’mina, L.G., Strelenko, Yu.A., Howard, J.A.K., and Alfimov, M.V., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2005, no. 8, p. 1896.Google Scholar
- 12.Atabekyan, L.S., Chibisov, A.K., and Alfimov, M.V., High Energy Chem., 1997, vol. 31, no. 5, p. 344.Google Scholar
- 14.Ushakov, E.N., Vedernikov, A.I., Sazonov, S.K., Kuz’mina, L.G., Alfimov, M.V., Khovard, Dzh.A.K., and Gromov, S.P., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2015, no. 3, p. 562.Google Scholar