Changes in the radiothermoluminescence curve of crystalline regions of polyethylene during storage of its irradiated samples in liquid nitrogen
- 22 Downloads
It has been shown that radiothennoluminescence (RTL) ofthe crystalline regions ofpolyethylene (PE) irradiated in liquid nitrogen is due to the recombination of charges trapped by defects inside the crystallites. The presence of shallow charge traps (less than 0.15 eV) leads to the appearance of one of the main features of the RTL of PE crystalline regions, which consists in reduction in the RTL intensity over the entire temperature range of 100–300 K during the storage of irradiated samples in liquid nitrogen.
KeywordsLDPE Irradiate Sample Trap Electron High Energy Chemistry Crystalline Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Aulov, V.A., Kuchkina, I.O., and Ozerin, A.N., Khim. Eiz., 2012, vol. 31, no. 11, p. 57.Google Scholar
- 5.Aulov, V.A., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1987, vol. 293, no. 1, p. 105.Google Scholar
- 6.Urbach, E, Preparation and Characteristics of Solid Luminescent Materials (Symposium of The American Physical Society, Cornell University, October 24-26, 1946), Fonda, G.R. and Seitz, E, Eds., New York: Wiley, 1948.Google Scholar
- 7.Aulov, VA., Shcherbina, M.A., Chvalun, S.N., et al., Polym. Sci. Ser. A, 2004, vol. 46, no. 6, p. 620.Google Scholar
- 12.Feldman, V.I., Sukhov, F.F., and Slovokhotova, N.A., Vysokomol. Soedin. Ser. B, 1994, vol. 36, no. 3, p. 519.Google Scholar
- 17.Aulov, V.A., Lednev, I.K., Perekupka, A.G., Chichagov, A.N., and Bakeev, N.E., Vysokomol. Soedin. Ser. A, 1983, vol. 25, no. 5, p. 935.Google Scholar
- 18.Keyser, R.M., Tsuji, K., and Williams, F., The Radiation Chemistry of Macromolecules, Dole, M., Ed., New York: Academic, 1972, p. 145.Google Scholar
- 19.Levshin, V.L., Fotolyuminestsentsiyazhidkikh i tverdykh veshchestv (Photoluminescence of Liquids and Solids), Moscow: Gos. Izd. Tekhn.-Teoret. Literatury, 1951.Google Scholar