Features of resonance structures in natural electromagnetic noise spectra in the region of the main ionospheric trough
- 8 Downloads
The paper presents the results of studies of the resonance structures of the background electromagnetic noise spectrum obtained in a series of experiments in the autumn of 2012 in Karelia. The experiments are unique because the background noise was detected at stations spaced by a distance much less than the doubled effective waveguide height (about 50 km) in a region close to the main ionospheric trough, the structure and position of which were determined based on radiotomographic data. It is shown that the dimensions of the ionospheric local region, which affects both the generation of spectral resonance structures in particular and the propagation of electromagnetic waves in the considered range in general, depend significantly on the variation of ionospheric parameters in regions with strong horizontal inhomogeneity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Belyaev, P.P., Polyakov, S.V., Rappoport, V.O., and Trakhtengerts, V.Yu., Detection of resonance structure of the spectrum of atmospheric electromagnetic noise background in the range of short-period geomagnetic pulsations, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1987, vol. 297, pp. 840–843.Google Scholar
- Belyaev, P.P., Polyakov, S.V., Rappoport, V.O., and Trakhtengerts, V.Yu., Theory for the formation of reso-nance structure in the spectrum of atmospheric electromagnetic background noise in the range of shortperiod geomagnetic pulsations, Radiophys. Quantum Electron., 1989, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 594–601.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Bryunelli, B.E. and Namgaladze, A.A., Fizika ionosfery (Ionospheric Physics), Moscow: Nauka, 1988.Google Scholar
- Ermakova, E.N., Kotik, D.S., and Polyakov, S.V., Studying spectral structures in the background ultralow-frequency noise at different latitudes, Radiophys. Quantum Electron., 2010, vol. 53, nos. 9–10, pp. 557–568.Google Scholar
- Kunitsyn, V.E., Tereshchenko, E.D., and Andreeva, E.A., Radiotomografiya ionosfery (Ionospheric Radiotomography), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2007.Google Scholar
- Murple, S.L., Digital Spectral Analysis with Applications, Prentice Hall, 1987; Moscow: Mir, 1990.Google Scholar
- Polyakov, S.V. and Rappoport, V.O., Ionospheric Alfvén resonator, Geomagn. Aeron., 1981, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 610–614.Google Scholar